Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's just in from the pub?

Options
  • 23-12-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

Hands up???

There seems to be an unlikely influx of posters here in the last ten minutes.

And Karoma's got the thread-locking hat on. Undoubtedly fuelled by gallons of whiskey and stout.

And eh, in before lock/ban/wrath of karoma :pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

not me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Here we go again, and it's only monday... Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Its noon here! working no my site Dingo Stew but still have no members! might give up and get a proper job! :pac:

I do intend on being in the pub when ur in work next and coming on here and rubbing it in your face though...

also, its tuesday here, and theres two blokes lookin in the window at me here in work. im on the 17th floor!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Here we go again, and it's only monday... Christ...

Monday? MONDAY?? Why sir, it's Christmastime!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Not me, but I am drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nope, I just finished off a 6 pack of Staropramen... contemplating if I should pack now or pack in the morning for my flight back to Ireland....hmmm, decisions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Not me, broke. IBTL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

davyjose wrote: »
    Monday? MONDAY?? Why sir, it's Christmastime!!!

Very true, I actually forgot with my surroundings.
    Not me, but I am drunk.

Might explain a thing or three.

jester77 wrote: »
    Nope, I just finished off a 6 pack of Staropramen... contemplating if I should pack now or pack in the morning for my flight back to Ireland....hmmm, decisions...

For me there's always the panic packing, where i write down "passport, tickets, wallet" on the palm of my smudgy hand, throw in my favourite T-shirt and random things I think I'll need (e.g. leather Jacket to Dubai in August) into my case, then wing it in the morning.

My advice: have another beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

davyjose wrote: »
    For me there's always the panic packing, where i write down "passport, tickets, wallet" on the palm of my smudgy hand, throw in my favourite T-shirt and random things I think I'll need (e.g. leather Jacket to Dubai in August) into my case, then wing it in the morning.

My advice: have another beer.

I'm already ahead of you... getting stuck into some Budvars now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

not me

+1

Right, im goin for lunch, and im gonna have a few pints and hopefully come back scuttered! you all better be sobering up in an hour so i can give ya abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wait 24 hours, then I'll report in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'm in after bout 10 pints, already beginning to wonder about a possible ban on one forum I posted in. Good laugh tonight but regretting fact that on a monday bus home at 11.30 doesn't happen and had to fork out on a cab. Very nice driver though. Town was jammers tonight, good atmosphere, went to four different pubs and enjoyed all (baggot inn, nearys, so-called secret pub, bankers). December a bit of a silly booze venture for me (two nights off in last two weeks) between social and work life and therefore resistance gets built up. Not a good thing, waste of money. I give up the drink in January as a result cos all that booze and crap food means I put on weight I have to lose afterwards.

PS Having counted I had 9 not 10

jdivision wrote: »
    already beginning to wonder about a possible ban on one forum I posted in.
    Fantastic :D

I think we're all getting bored in the etymology & linguistics thread because there was some rather salacious discussion on the meaning of the phrase "tits up", before it was moved there. You missed out dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm just in from the pub. Waaay, etc.

Twas a nice evening. Busy, but not packed. Good atmosphere in town. Queue outside Flannerys was hilariously long. That place is a hole. ^^

ye but its where the boggers go to mix with other boggers so they feel like they're at home!

Theres a place here in sydney called scruffy murphys. pretty much the same, except ronan keating and boyzone were on the beer in it the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

jdivision wrote: »
    I'm in after bout 10 pints, already beginning to wonder about a possible ban on one forum I posted in. Good laugh tonight but regretting fact that on a monday bus home at 11.30 doesn't happen and had to fork out on a cab. Very nice driver though. Town was jammers tonight, good atmosphere, went to four different pubs and enjoyed all (baggot inn, nearys, so-called secret pub, bankers). December a bit of a silly booze venture for me (two nights off in last two weeks) between social and work life and therefore resistance gets built up. Not a good thing, waste of money. I give up the drink in January as a result cos all that booze and crap food means I put on weight I have to lose afterwards.

PS Having counted I had 9 not 10

I checked your posts out of curiousity and didn't find much, unless it was so bad it was deleted already:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

me an hour ago. fun night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Should have been arriving home from the pub after the Limerick Beers, but I was too tired/sick to go, then it got cancelled anyway, so I staeyed up posting.

Long story short, not me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement