Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At last at 34 I'm a gamer (well I think I will b!)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

DeVore wrote: »
    Anyway, buy the missus a DS and try to get her into some of the games (hint: women are not particular interested in shootings things or beating things up. They are more complicated then we are :p )

DeV.

Jesus wept, Dev. Come on man.

2009 Xmas Card List:

DeVore

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

pffffffffff wimmins. :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

amacachi wrote: »
    Forza looks far better than PGR :)

Negative. PGR has the better graphics, Forza has the better gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i too have joined the 360 ranks at 33. also got GHWT fallout 3 and GOW2. i've been a gamer since i owned a c64 in the 80's but never took to next gen. (gamecube and ps2 gathering dust upstairs)

loving GHWT at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Can't understand the appeal of Guitar Hero. It's just a matter of pressing certain buttons at the right time to music. Admittedly it's hard but it gets boring quickly.

Halo 3 has a varied online experience and Dead Space is also worth a playthrough. Also you should try Rainbow Six Vegas if you like shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

silvine wrote: »
    Can't understand the appeal of Guitar Hero. It's just a matter of pressing certain buttons at the right time to music. Admittedly it's hard but it gets boring quickly.

Oh dear god, take that back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

silvine wrote: »
    It's just a matter of pressing certain buttons at the right time

As opposed to other video games where you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you cave man :)

As mentioned in previous posts, you're never too old to pick up a joypad and take up console gaming (though my 'oul fella would strongly put that theory to the test! :D)

Give "Oblivion" a try if you want a truly in-depth game.

As for some of the more "controversial" previous posts :rolleyes:, my wife refuses to go near any "real" games (i.e anything that's not Tetris or some other such arcade game), but loves to be my wingman when I'm playing.

For example, when I'm stuck into an online game of Halo 3, she'll always be keeping an eye on the radar for sneaky types creeping up on me (something I always forget to do! :mad:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

xtravision have gears of war 1 for 9.99 euros prob the best tenner you could spend im thinking of rebuying it as its a classic cant believe i traded it in :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

xtravision have gears of war 1 for 9.99 euros prob the best tenner you could spend im thinking of rebuying it as its a classic cant believe i traded it in :o

well holy god... thats great value... Should I go for this or go straight for gow2 which everyone seems to be orgasming over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Get yourself Fallout 3 and prepare to have no contact with the outside world for a couple of weeks/months. :)

Advertisement