Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trojan stopping my wireless

Options
  • 23-12-2008 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi, my laptop couldnt identify my wireless connections and then when it did the net wudnt connect an it would come up that my IP cannot be identified. I think its something to do with that new trojan i heard about which attacks your router and all, its also making my mouse freeze occasionally, if anyone could give me some advice id reali appreciate it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hi, my laptop couldnt identify my wireless connections and then when it did the net wudnt connect an it would come up that my IP cannot be identified. I think its something to do with that new trojan i heard about which attacks your router and all, its also making my mouse freeze occasionally, if anyone could give me some advice id reali appreciate it.

The mysterious literacy trojan also appears to have attacked you.

If you want people to help you on this forum please have the courtesy to use capital letters, correct spelling and a bit of punctuation.

I doubt if a trojan has attacked either your mouse or your laptop but a first suggestion if you suspect it has is to scan your computer with a good antivirus program.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

To the best of my knowledge there is no virus that effects routers or network hardware external to a computer. As above, scan your computer with a decent anti virus program.

Failing that, you might have a cheap wifi card that relys on the computer to work e.g. Encryption etc so you laptop may not be up to spec to handle it. Hence the crashing.

Advertisement