Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Raining Money

Options
  • 23-12-2008 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Last Friday a woman took out 25,000 euro in cash from the EBS offices in Letterkenny (near old Dunnes). As she was leaving the building a gust of wind blew the money out of her bag and it started blowing around the bottom of the town. I wasn't there to see it, i just arrived as the staff were returning back into the EBS, but i'm just picturing money blowing everywhere and people acting like their on a gameshow trying to catch their price.

Did anyone see it?? must have been about 2.30pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Last Friday? What's the point in telling us now (laments missed opportunity:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

what did me one look like. I be following her from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I saw that, or maybe just the end of it. A man and a women were crossing over and back across the road between the slow moving/stopped traffic between the SVP shop and the Dunnes roundabout. They had bunches of cash in their hands. They were smiling and looked embarrassed more than anything else. I glanced around the street but didn't see any cash on the ground so they must have managed to get it all. If it was 25k in €50 notes they could easily have lost some.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

seen a report in the paper about it. She got all but 150 euro back. It was all 50 euro notes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

shayser wrote: »
    I saw that, or maybe just the end of it. A man and a women were crossing over and back across the road between the slow moving/stopped traffic between the SVP shop and the Dunnes roundabout. They had bunches of cash in their hands. They were smiling and looked embarrassed more than anything else. I glanced around the street but didn't see any cash on the ground so they must have managed to get it all. If it was 25k in €50 notes they could easily have lost some.

And you didn't wind down the window and shout "hey that's my money"??? lost opportunity there:D:D
    seen a report in the paper about it. She got all but 150 euro back. It was all 50 euro notes

She was very lucky then, 150euro lost, could have been a lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Senna wrote: »
    As she was leaving the building a gust of wind blew the money out of her bag
    Either she had a very bad bag or that was a very acrobatic gust of wind to blow the money out of her bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

An ill wind that blows and all that jazz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Either she had a very bad bag or that was a very acrobatic gust of wind to blow the money out of her bag.

The bag was zipped and inside a bigger bag, it was some gust of wind:D:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

stupid people and their money.....

Advertisement