Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant: Gay, but don't fancy gay guys!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Okay, we ain't gonna agree. Sorry if my statements offended you (and if you're sensitive enough to be offended by the f-word :confused:).. I was a bit offended if I'm bein honest by your ideas, but moreso how you tried to make out that it's ridiculous that they could cause someone offense.. because they easily can, and did. Anyway, i admit that i got too worked up and probably offended you guys aswell. So for that, i'm sorry. I still stick by what I said, and can't see how you're posts weren't critical of my lifestyle... but I ain't gonna get stressed.. life's too short.
    Thank you duffster for that. I think the whole affectionate in public issue is a very touchy issue but there is no definite answer for it because it is really up to the individual and the couple themselves whether they feel comfortable or want to even and depending on the location and situation. I mean i know plenty of heterosexual couples who choose not to be all affectionate in public either. I mean with my last and longest relationship my ex-bf and myself weren't all affectionate in public we just weren't into that we didn't feel we needed to. It was just a matter of personal taste to be honest. Anyway that's all I've got to say. Good luck and take care. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 duffster808

Boston wrote: »
    You're being deliberately obtuse. Time and time again its been said you shouldn't let fear stop you from showing public signs of affections, if that's what you want to do. It's an extreme reach to interpret that as people criticising those who don't hold hands/kiss out of a lack of desire.

You are the one who has misinterpreted everything. I have made it very clear throughout the entire thread that the reason that I don't IS fear.. yes, I am letting it stop me, but with good reason. You may disagree but you have no right to tell me that I'm wrong man.

You talk about perceiving danger, but man in the real world there is NEARLY ALWAYS a danger there... even if YOU don't perceive it. Do you think all my friends that got attacked perceived a very dangerous situation? No, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. Your opinion may differ, and I have had more and worse experience than you.. but I choose not to put myself or my partner in danger. You may live differently, and there are valid reasons to chose to live either way.. but mate you can't tell me how I live is WRONG. Some one who I've never met, how dare you.

You're extremely hipocritical, you have been just as, if not more offensive than me throughout mate. There is no way that you can say that you haven't criticised my lifestyle choices, or directly and indirectly attacked my character. And instead of just hittin back with another manipulated, self-contradictory post you should just take responsibility for the fact that what you said was wrong and that you offended and upset someone. I think we both came across very aggressive, but I will own up to that and i'm sorry. But mate you were WAY out of line... moreso then me.

UU wrote: »
    Thank you duffster for that. I think the whole affectionate in public issue is a very touchy issue but there is no definite answer for it because it is really up to the individual and the couple themselves whether they feel comfortable or want to even and depending on the location and situation. I mean i know plenty of heterosexual couples who choose not to be all affectionate in public either. I mean with my last and longest relationship my ex-bf and myself weren't all affectionate in public we just weren't into that we didn't feel we needed to. It was just a matter of personal taste to be honest. Anyway that's all I've got to say. Good luck and take care. x

Appreciate that my amigo :) Hey, I'm sorry again UU ok. Take care homedog x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You are the one who has misinterpreted everything. I have made it very clear throughout the entire thread that the reason that I don't IS fear.. yes, I am letting it stop me, but with good reason. You may disagree but you have no right to tell me that I'm wrong man.

You talk about perceiving danger, but man in the real world there is NEARLY ALWAYS a danger there... even if YOU don't perceive it. Do you think all my friends that got attacked perceived a very dangerous situation? No, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. Your opinion may differ, and I have had more and worse experience than you.. but I choose not to put myself or my partner in danger. You may live differently, and there are valid reasons to chose to live either way.. but mate you can't tell me how I live is WRONG. Some one who I've never met, how dare you.

You're extremely hipocritical, you have been just as, if not more offensive than me throughout mate. There is no way that you can say that you haven't criticised my lifestyle choices, or directly and indirectly attacked my character. And instead of just hittin back with another manipulated, self-contradictory post you should just take responsibility for the fact that what you said was wrong and that you offended and upset someone. I think we both came across very aggressive, but I will own up to that and i'm sorry. But mate you were WAY out of line... moreso then me.

We've never met but somehow you know you've had more and worse experience then myself, but of a jump to make and tbh it says alot about your current thought precess.

I said its sad that you live your life in constant fear, and there is something very wrong with that. I never said that fault was yours, you chose to interpret it that way.

Boston wrote: »
    We've never met but somehow you know you've had more and worse experience then myself, but of a jump to make and tbh it says alot about your current thought precess.

I said its sad that you live your life in constant fear, and there is something very wrong with that. I never said that fault was yours, you chose to interpret it that way.
    Aw as usual you pick out some insignifant part of my post that is flawed and ignore what i am actually saying. Stop bein so dramatic , I don't live my life in constant fear ffs. I hardly even think about it.Wtf are you talkin about? lol u spanner. At this stage i just think u're funny, all i can say is wtf. People like you are just.. i dunno.. mad. You never said the fault was mine? I chose to interpret it that way? have some balls and stick by what you said and stop always lookin for cop outs! wtf are you even on about.. what you're sayin has even lost substance.. it's just a bunch of poncy words put together lol. I'm sorry but you are just livin in your head. Even your language... u'd swear u were trynna write a f**kin essay! ffs next you'll be douch enough to correct my spellins or somethin. It's embarrassin. Ok, you're close minded, arrogant and self-important.... just... i dunno.. **** off eh? And don't be sickignly bitch enough to start pansyin on about how this post is SO offensive. Yeah, get over it. You have offended me tonnes so take what u give.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Easykurt

Haha well said duff. He's just annoyin now.

Aw as usual you pick out some insignifant part of my post that is flawed and ignore what i am actually saying. Stop bein so dramatic , I don't live my life in constant fear ffs. I hardly even think about it.Wtf are you talkin about? lol u spanner. At this stage i just think u're funny, all i can say is wtf. People like you are just.. i dunno.. mad. You never said the fault was mine? I chose to interpret it that way? have some balls and stick by what you said and stop always lookin for cop outs! wtf are you even on about.. what you're sayin has even lost substance.. it's just a bunch of poncy words put together lol. I'm sorry but you are just livin in your head. Even your language... u'd swear u were trynna write a f**kin essay! ffs next you'll be douch enough to correct my spellins or somethin. It's embarrassin. Ok, you're close minded, arrogant and self-important.... just... i dunno.. **** off eh? And don't be sickignly bitch enough to start pansyin on about how this post is SO offensive. Yeah, get over it. You have offended me tonnes so take what u give.

Yes, "poncy words" strung together to form a coherent and cohesive argument. You should try it some time.
    Easykurt wrote: »
    Haha well said duff. He's just annoyin now.

Oh the Irony.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Stop this bickering or I lock the thread and think about handing out little red cards.

there's nothin "coherent or cohesive" about it lol. It's just a load of f*u*kin waffle hahaha. u seem so ****in desperate t come across like u're intelligent. just pack it in ya douch. no-one's listenin to ya.

ok sorry

• Advertisement

accepted.

boston wtf i wasn't apologising to you..

i mean what you're ridiculous.. you said that i chose to interpret that you are saying the fault is mine. there is little to interpret, you said "I shouldn't" live in fear, as though it is my choice, something I am actively doing and that I should change. That is what "you shouldn't" means. Now you claim that all you are saying is that it's sad that the world is such a way that some people feel afraid. That is bullsh*t. The previuos posts are there i can read them. There's a clear trend where you gradually change what your saying and then in your next post say that it was all just interpreted on my part.

The very fact that you just said "accepted" when you thought that apology was for you, and didn't apologise yourself just shows how low quality your character is. I don't need to write anything else, I feel I am better because you have changed what you have said.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Infractions given;thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement