Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another WHV question

Options
  • 23-12-2008 6:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hello,
    so i have a WHV. I booked a one way flight for January on a WHV. I am now being told by people that this could be problematic. Apparently people are being turned away on one way tickets. is this a load of bs or true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

A load of bs it is not a requirment of the WHV to have return ticket. However it is a requirement to either have a return ticket or sufficent funds to purchase one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

The borders have been tightened recently, you may get a grilling.

Check before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Are you travelling to OZ or NZ?

If you're coming over on a WHV immigration expect you to be able to show proof of onward flights if requested or enough funds to purchase one.

I got grilled by airport staff on my last return to NZ. I came back on a one way ticket. But my permit/visa allows me multiple entries to NZ. The ticket staff didn't understand, loads of phone calls were made at the check-in desk so I could proceed. I knew I was right :)

Advertisement