Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A call to action against Libertas

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tobias_wolf

Your grammar is terrible. It should read "During the previous". "Over the following" implies it's going to happen.

Just like Al Qaeda?

Just like Barrack Obama.

Project united we stand is a completely peaceful campaign, we model our actions on that of martin Luther King jr and Ghandi,this is something we hold in high regard,

anonymous

project united we stand

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No, it certainly doesn't. But Christ, he's a nutter!

I MIGHT agree, but still NOT Anti No voter!

But you do see my point. A refreshing change about here lately!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Just like Barrack Obama.

Project united we stand is a completely peaceful campaign, we model our actions on that of martin Luther King jr and Ghandi,this is something we hold in high regard,

anonymous

project united we stand

Please use Capitals to further your point!

LOL. Damn you won me over except for the lack of Capitals!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

No, it certainly doesn't. But Christ, he's a nutter!

In your opinion, which you are entitled too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Pat_Mustard

Just like Barrack Obama.

anonymous

project united we stand

I'm sure "it" is... also you're now using present tense. "It" didn't exist until a few minutes ago. Also, by signing your posts "anonymous" just makes you sound like P. O'Neil.

Anyway, protesting a groups existence is illegal. Sorry to rain on your parade...

I MIGHT agree, but still NOT Anti No voter!

But you do see my point. A refreshing change about here lately!

It's not about Lisbon. It's about this guy having a personal vendetta against Libertas, who, as far as I can tell, are given too much credit.

As for a refreshing cHange, HA!

• Advertisement

Seanies32 wrote: »
    Please use Capitals to further your point!

LOL. Damn you won me over except for the lack of Capitals!

Apologies for poor grammar,

Anonymous

UNITED WE STAND

I'm sure "it" is... also you're now using present tense. "It" didn't exist until a few minutes ago. Also, by signing your posts "anonymous" just makes you sound like P. O'Neil.

Anyway, protesting a groups existence is illegal. Sorry to rain on your parade...

It's not about Lisbon. It's about this guy having a personal vendetta against Libertas, who, as far as I can tell, are given too much credit.

As for a refreshing cHange, HA!

i do believe it is likely that a person similar to yourself was responsible for drafting the Lisbon treaty.

THAT WAS NOT MENT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Also i will not persist in confronting you on issues on English but only issue's of importance, in this case that of libertas.

any reference to libertas's destruction by anonymous is retracted and was posted in error.

anonymous

i do believe it is likely that a person similar to yourself was responsible for drafting the Lisbon treaty.

THAT WAS NOT MENT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Also i will not persist in confronting you on issues on English but only issue's of importance, in this case that of libertas.

any reference to libertas's destruction by anonymous is retracted and was posted in error.

anonymous

Oh do you... well done.
    6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1° The State guarantees liberty for the exercise of the following rights, subject to public order and morality: [FONT=&quot] i.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]The right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions.
    The education of public opinion being, however, a matter of such grave import to the common good, the State shall endeavour to ensure that organs of public opinion, such as the radio, the press, the cinema, while preserving their rightful liberty of expression, including criticism of Government policy, shall not be used to undermine public order or morality or the authority of the State.
    The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence which shall be punishable in accordance with law.
    [FONT=&quot] ii.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]The right of the citizens to assemble peaceably and without arms.
    Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.
    [FONT=&quot] iii.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]The right of the citizens to form associations and unions.
    Laws, however, may be enacted for the regulation and control in the public interest of the exercise of the foregoing right.
    2° Laws regulating the manner in which the right of forming associations and unions and the right of free assembly may be exercised shall contain no political, religious or class discrimination.

Sorry, but you can't protest a group. Even if you tried I suspect all courts would rule in Libertas' favour for the simple reason "They were here first."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

A document created my the leaders of our communities around Europe to give democracy back to the people.

A Treaty that will create a European Union President, but while the American people elect their president as do the French people, the EU president won't be elected by the people. Giving democracy back to the people ?

We believe this organization driven by its founder Declan Ganley has but one goal the attainment of power in Europe for their sole purposes,

Seems like a case of "If you can't kick the ball, kick the player", in that instead of winning the debate in favour of Lisbon, sections of the YES campaign are concentrating instead on tackling the opposition in particular Libertas and Declan Ganley.

We believe Declan Ganley after amassing a fast fortune of over a quarter of a billion Euro now thirsts for real power in the political world and will use lies and deceit to attain this.

Several contributors to Fianna Fail here in recent years and to political parties across Europe are even wealthier than Ganley, do they similarly have a thirst for power ? or does the wealth of an individual only matter if he opposes your point of view ?
    Libertas is using FEAR to obtain power for there own means

As has every government in Europe when it suits them, you might recall before the last general election, when Fianna Fail argued that only they had the experience and expertise to run the economy and suggesting that the country's future would be at risk, if they elected a Fine Gael/Enda Kenny led government. Also remember the looney Greens type statements ? Were these not intended to instill fear in the electorate ? It sure seemed like it.

These must be stopped before it is too late

Before power is trust upon them in the up coming European elections because of the fear and lies the organization spreads.

I think you are wildly overreacting, suppose for argument Libertas somehow spectacularly managed to get 20 MEPs in the European elections, do you think that would represent power being thrust upon them ? I think you need to look at how many MEPs there actually are, they would still be a fringe party and if you suggesting that they are going to assume power in Europe, then you are scaremongering and using fear as a tool too.

This is not a yes to Lisbon campaign
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Really ?

please get in touch and join the fight

expect us

by

anonymous

Project United We Stand

And given the attention on Libertas, who are Project United We Stand ? and who is anonymous ?

Oh do you... well done.

Sorry, but you can't protest a group. Even if you tried I suspect all courts would rule in Libertas' favour for the simple reason "They were here first."

Anonymous wishes only to dispel lies spread by libertas

• Advertisement

heyjude wrote: »
    A Treaty that will create a European Union President, but while the American people elect their president as do the French people, the EU president won't be elected by the people. Giving democracy back to the people ?

Awaits your FAR better alternative!

Anonymous wishes only to dispel lies spread by libertas

Anonymous (YOU) cannot call them lies without having solid evidence, so, unless you've got the full backing of the ECJ I fail to see how you can.

This is ireland,we already have an elected president,

we are also sovereign, if we as europe hold elections for a european president this will undermine each european states sovereignty ,

the president is simply the glue that would hold us together

the power should remain with our leaders , in our case brian cowen
    at the council of minsters

this is true, unless you wish for a european superstate, then an elected president of europe would serve a use

Anonymous (YOU) cannot call them lies without having solid evidence, so, unless you've got the full backing of the ECJ I fail to see how you can.

A recent Prime Time Report, which can be accesed on the RTE website is a good outline of some of the lies which libertas spreads.it is worth a look.

anonymous

A recent Prime Time Report, which can be accesed on the RTE website is a good outline of some of the lies which libertas spreads.it is worth a look.

anonymous

Yes, it featured an old Albanian man, Katie Hannon rattling gates, Dick Roch with the great line "You're judged by your associates". Along with scary music, dead bodies, and much, much more in what can only be called "utter ****e". But if that's your argument (go watch RTE) I suspect Libertas have little to fear.

Yes, it featured an old Albanian man, Katie Hannon rattling gates, Dick Roch with the great line "You're judged by your associates". Along with scary music, dead bodies, and much, much more in what can only be called "utter ****e". But if that's your argument (go watch RTE) I suspect Libertas have little to fear.

Still awaiting your FAR BETTER alternatives!

Still awaiting your FAR BETTER alternatives!

I voted yes to Lisbon.

STILL awaiting your better alternative to how the EU President is derived.

Whether you voted NO or YES is irrelevant. How do you elect said President IS!

ESPECIALLY FAR BETTER THAN LISBON.

PLEASE ELABORATE FOR ALL OUR BENEFIT.

I don't have an electoral mandate to propose that.

And given the attention on Libertas, who are Project United We Stand ? and who is anonymous ?

who is anonymous? find out, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0WCLKzDFpI

• Advertisement

I don't have an electoral mandate to propose that.

I Don't know if you do or not!

PLEASE ELABORATE ON YOUR BETTER PROPOSALS.

It's in the National INTEREST.

PS. What is a better way of electing an EU President?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

26 black balls and 1 white; randomly draw them out

define "better"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharksandwich

Declan ganley is a hero amongst men and misunderstood in Iish society... ganley is a revolutionary fighting against a propogandist irish government on this issue.

Let me ask you all this.... what is the Lisbon Treaty? does anybody really know. Its is a very ambiguous document that has not been explained in any way, sahpe or form to the Irish people. This is why the people of Ireland voted no! We are a very intelligent country and will not be bullied into agreeing to a European treaty document based on empty threats by the Irish government.

If the treaty is passed, Ireland will lose an element of current democracy, it will become europeanised and decisions affecting our future economy will be made by a european council Our own goverment will be rendered helpless on important issues such as energy, asylum, immigration and judicial-cooperation.

I salute you Declan Ganley! I no longer consider Ireland a democratic nation, it is run by a group of people who are no longer wanted in office! We have spoken once and we shall speak again.

Tobias I also consider your depiction of Mr. Ganley as a sith as highly libelous. If you are going to compare Mr. Ganley with a public figure I suggest you use che guevara or roy keane!

However tobias I do find your bebo band very enjoyable, especially that song broken gambler, keep up the good work.

Yours

Mr. Sandwich

How is Declan Mrs. Ganley?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Declan ganley is a hero amongst men and misunderstood in Iish society... ganley is a revolutionary fighting against a propogandist irish government on this issue.

Let me ask you all this.... what is the Lisbon Treaty? does anybody really know. Its is a very ambiguous document that has not been explained in any way, sahpe or form to the Irish people. This is why the people of Ireland voted no! We are a very intelligent country and will not be bullied into agreeing to a European treaty document based on empty threats by the Irish government.

If the treaty is passed, Ireland will lose an element of current democracy, it will become europeanised and decisions affecting our future economy will be made by a european council Our own goverment will be rendered helpless on important issues such as energy, asylum, immigration and judicial-cooperation.

I salute you Declan Ganley! I no longer consider Ireland a democratic nation, it is run by a group of people who are no longer wanted in office! We have spoken once and we shall speak again.

Tobias I also consider your depiction of Mr. Ganley as a sith as highly libelous. If you are going to compare Mr. Ganley with a public figure I suggest you use che guevara or roy keane!

However tobias I do find your bebo band very enjoyable, especially that song broken gambler, keep up the good work.

Yours

Mr. Sandwich

Iish ? keyboard problems,eh, foaming rants do that to me too "propogandist ", "sahpe ", proofreading always worth a go.

"sith " ? I'm sure Darth Sidious has a special place for DG in your fantasy land, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

As for the argument

"Its is a very ambiguous document that has not been explained in any way" ... did you not get the leaflet in the door about it that was fairly straightforward ?

Yours

Mr. Sandwich

hello Mr sandwich,

you have convinced me, im now a pro libertas campaigner,
    the project from here on in shall be called "United we stand behind declan ganley"

before your post i was a pro european , now i am a declan ganley pro european,its good to be on the side of the good guys for a change.

you have changed my views on europe and once again proved the pen is mightier than the sword,

i must correct you on one point, and point only i am not connected in anyway to that band

Anonymous

"UNITED WE STAND"

How is Declan Mrs. Ganley?

If you are going to make a trivial point like that, how about you get it right. I don't believe i refered to declan ganley as mrs. ganley in the post

trellheim wrote: »
    Iish ? keyboard problems,eh, foaming rants do that to me too "propogandist ", "sahpe ", proofreading always worth a go.

"sith " ? I'm sure Darth Sidious has a special place for DG in your fantasy land, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

As for the argument

"Its is a very ambiguous document that has not been explained in any way" ... did you not get the leaflet in the door about it that was fairly straightforward ?

I'm not familiar with the Iish nationality, thanks for the grammatical criticism though ill take it all on board!

Honestly, i did recieve the leaflet in the post but didn't read it. Why read a biased document that only explains the good points of the treaty and neglects to describe the negatives.

I am deligted to hear that I have enlightened you tobias on this wretched document. Nobody even wants a second referendum, what happens when we vote no again? third time lucky perhaps.

I think we should all burn our bras in protest

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This is descending into farce.

OP, this forum isn't a soapbox.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement