Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 video streaming on SE w595?

• 23-12-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Alright guys. I'm writing this cos I'm stumped as to what to do next.
    I bought a w595 on meteor. I unlocked & de-branded it cos I'm with O2. I would say i'm a knowledgeable guy with mobiles, but I can't for the life of me get the Youtube app to stream the video once chosen. I can search, login etc. but no playing.
    I've adjusted streaming settings with various AP's . Any suggestions, please?
    (Posted from w595)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ya, go back and trade it in for the 3 version, you'll be €50 richer and get an extra €85 on free top up and video streaning works straight out of the box + free sky sports till feburary,,,

but what do I know, I'm drunk and i'm biast, but rarley wrong;) usually wrong:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I dont know what the story is with SE phones, but i know that on Nokia phones, the youtube app uses the same AP settings as real player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

much an all as i hate to admit it but jmc is correct...network should be irrevelant...

Even a bad striker scores one goal in 10:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Obskure wrote: »
    Alright guys. I'm writing this cos I'm stumped as to what to do next.
    I bought a w595 on meteor. I unlocked & de-branded it cos I'm with O2. I would say i'm a knowledgeable guy with mobiles, but I can't for the life of me get the Youtube app to stream the video once chosen. I can search, login etc. but no playing.
    I've adjusted streaming settings with various AP's . Any suggestions, please?
    (Posted from w595)

I unlocked a v640i 4m vodafone and tried streaming on 02 n meteor
    02 didnt get goin forget it and vodafone dont always play the video.

The best for youtube is Meteor but use Opera Mini 4.2 not ur phone browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

As JMC has pointed out, I would have thought the same thing! I tried the differing the access point to that of the internet AP but the Youtube app just spits a warning telling me to change the AP. When the AP is the same for both internet & streaming settings, All seems to go well, until "cannot access streaming server" pops up in the playing window!
    I have tried O2 gprs, O2 IE, & Internet AP's. I haven't tried ringing customer support yet!
    P.S. I should mention that I'm on an iPhone contract using the included 1GB data allowance. iPhone is long gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i just tried to do it there with my o2 pre pay card in an e65 and i couldn't get it to work. When set to the gprs ap it just popped up failed to connect after a second as i expected it to and with the internet one it timed out.

I called o2 and the woman went to ask the internet people who said they don't support video streaming and referred me to nokia, although what nokia can do to fix o2's access point is anyone's guess.

It's possible that it works for bill pay and you just have the settings wrong. When you set the browser to use o2 internet can you browse the web?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

just tried it there with an o2 bill pay account and it still timed out. It's looking like they have it disabled but maybe the iphone account is different so make sure your internet settings are right anyway

Advertisement