Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mite as well start training

• 23-12-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

MONDAY 15th 6 miles
    tuesday 16th 3 miles
    wednesday rest
    thursday 17th 7 miles
    friday 18th 12 miles
    saturday 19th rest
    sunday 20th 13 miles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

May as well! Welcome to logs and good luck. 41 miles is a bit lazy now for your first week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

monday 22nd rest
    tuesday 23rd more rest
    wednesday 24th even more rest
    thursday 25th 8 miles
    friday 26th 5 miles
    saturday 27th 10 miles
    sunday 28th 8miles

sooner the better this xmas lark is over....

Well the new year is upon us so ill do a proper log for the year ahead and ill give you abit of backround....2006 recieved my holiday snaps and wasnt too impressed with way my belly came over my shorts(have recently found out its called a muffin).decided to do something about it.I rememberd me dad used to run marathons,couldnt be that hard could it,so i entered the DCM.started running a 1.8 mile loop around the town for acouple of weeks,lost afew pounds .gradually got up to abit more, did the addidas 1/2 mara in september.did afew more 12s and 13s and was ready for the dcm.hit the wall at 14 miles in the marathon,but didnt stop and finished, though not very well.since then iv traind a little bit better and did 4 more marathons and the conn ultra and numerous other races.id normally run 5/6 days aweek usually about 50/60 miles aweek depending on whats comming up and other commitments so here goes,any comments or advice greatly appreciated

Thurs 1st am 5 mile walk with jess the dog
    pm 8 mile run to donadea and back,kept it slow due to a t+h dinner 63 mins
    Fri 2nd 10 miles ,on the roads, 78 mins.
    sat 3rd 11 miles xc in the pheniox park,did abit in the munich hills,finished well.
    sunday 4th was goin to rest,but had a bottle of wine ,so did a6miler for my penance.didnt feel too good. 58 mins. 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

ultraman1 wrote: »
    sunday 4th was goin to rest,but had a bottle of wine ,so did a6miler for my penance.didnt feel too good. 58 mins. 35

Good luck with the log. loved the entry above.

monday 5th,,finished work early so went on a run , out for a 6 miler ,half way through realised i shouldnt have had the two fish fingers.never again even if they are captian birds eye....48 mins.............................................6

• Advertisement

tuesday 6th.went for 11 miles on d road.very icy and the speedin cars dont help,feelt like 2 breeze blocks in me shoes ,put it down to xmas hangover and dtoxins(i hope).rest tomorrow and b2bs on thur fri +sat 11

wednesday 7th..was going to rest but felt a bit fat ,so on with the NBs and did a 3.5mile round the town incorporating the hill(sum would call it a speed bump).very cold but glad i went out
    Thursday 8th..plannd to do 15 but was feeling abit heavy after last nites run so just did 10miles,couldnt get goin.lookin 4ward to sundays rest

Friday 9th.did 15 with running partner on roads and trail in clane/donadea went a bit slow 2hrs20.felt good at the last 5 but didnt push it.registerd for the celtic plate:rolleyes:,will decide at the end of conn ultra whether to start.Wife thinks im in opus dei.. 15

sunday 11th am. rested on saturday woke up sunday rarin to go plannd a 15miler, just out the door,remembered to meet friend,jst did 11 in the wind and rain.back in time...

pm. did 3.5miles to make up for morning f up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Hi mate, it's nice to have another ultra runner keeping a log. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

Monday 12th. pm went out in d rain did 10 miles.glad to be home 10

good on ya alan12345678.

tuesday 13th.was goin to have a day off but that blasted 1000mile challange........went out in the dark(hate the dark:()did a 10 mile run in me new mizunos.nearly got nockd down..(l????Y wh??? painter and decorator,expect a few calls for quotes down the country)did a good strech and sauna. 10

wednesday 14. went out for a sneaky 3.5 miles while d oh was in d bath..shhhhhhh dont tell her.. 3.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

I really like your training log style so keep the updates comin and best of luck with the training. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

good on ya alan12345678.

tuesday 13th.was goin to have a day off but that blasted 1000mile challange........went out in the dark(hate the dark:()did a 10 mile run in me new mizunos.nearly got nockd down..(l????Y wh??? painter and decorator,expect a few calls for quotes down the country)did a good strech and sauna. 10

:D

Thursday 15..left wrk early did a planned 17 miles and rememberd i had to go to aclub run.got home had me dinner.out again .wat started as a 4 miler ended up as a 6 .felt suprisingly good so all day 3hrs48min ouhappy wit dat... 23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Jaysus ultraman1 you'd want to check that amnesia :D. Serious running, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Thursday 15..left wrk early did a planned 17 miles and rememberd i had to go to aclub run.got home had me dinner.out again .wat started as a 4 miler ended up as a 6 .felt suprisingly good so all day 3hrs48min ouhappy wit dat... 23

great stuff , a 23 mile thursday very impressive
    just wondering what would be your single biggest session leading up to a ultra

Sunday18th ,am. went out in sleet,snow dodgin cars again(early mornin church goers please defrost ur cars b4 u go on d roads.god bless ye all) did 11 miles.goin to the flicks wit the kids 4 a sleep and will do the other half of the run 2nite......... 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

wednesday 14. went out for a sneaky 3.5 miles while d oh was in d bath..shhhhhhh dont tell her.. 3.5

Classic;)

Apart from Connemara are you going for any other Ultras this year?

• Advertisement

sunday 18thpm. went out again did a slow 5mile 5

monday 19th..woke up and me knee was in a jocker,had felt a slight pain in lst nite and didnt think much of it.thought i mite walk it off b4 a run.went to the fissio and after much much more pain im slightly injured so will have to go easy(ish) so zero miles today:mad:...If the bone aint showin keep on goin 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

monday 19th..woke up and me knee was in a jocker,had felt a slight pain in lst nite and didnt think much of it.thought i mite walk it off b4 a run.went to the fissio and after much much more pain im slightly injured so will have to go easy(ish) so zero miles today:mad:...If the bone aint showin keep on goin 0

Bummer man - get well soon! I want my ultra mentor up and running :)

tuesday 20th.. pm went up to club session just did 40mins jogin round and round and round and round and round a gaa pitch .will call it an endless 3mile... leg still sore 3

wednesday 21st..pm went out to see how me knee was(and not to let sungod or hm get too far ahead) planned on a 3.5 but felt ok and did a reverse lap got a liiitl bit of soreness at d end but not enuf to kill me.. 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

(and not to let sungod or hm get too far ahead) 7

this 1000 mile challenge will be the death of us:D
    great motivation/fun though

hope the knee is improving ultraman 1

thurs22nd pm went out did the same as last nite ,knee still a bit sore but better than yesterday.Hada row wit a wheely bin:eek: ......... 7

friday 23 am went to gym did 5k on d treadmill ,felt like a 50k.went for fysio.she reckons i strain my salias muscle(no more karma..)so plenty of streches and not to push it till after wednesday...........................3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

.Hada row wit a wheely bin:eek: ......... 7
    Those wheelie bins are almost as bad as the lampposts that jump out to get you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

How bout zero miles for a couple days?

No?

OK, just a thought....:D

Advertisement