Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mite as well start training

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

monday 16th..woke with really stiff legs/knees/thighs ,strechin all day and still no let up.went for a bit of physio and yep im still stiff aswell as in agony. am goin 2 rest up till thursday .... 0

thursday 19th. after 3 days rest and a few glasses of wine it was time to get back running.went to the club run,decided on a nice slow 6 miler out and back course.started off fairly snappy so went with it did the first 3 in 19:30 so was well pleased with dat,slowed down on the way back and ran with 007.havent enjoyed a run as much in a long time.tommorow its off to slogger jogger country for a run from glencree to jonny foxs and back to glenncree via pineforest and killkee carpark..... a good 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sounds like a great run - I might try it myself soon. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

ultraman1 wrote: »
    thursday 19th. after 3 days rest and a few glasses of wine it was time to get back running.went to the club run,decided on a nice slow 6 miler out and back course.started off fairly snappy so went with it did the first 3 in 19:30 so was well pleased with dat,slowed down on the way back and ran with 007.havent enjoyed a run as much in a long time.tommorow its off to slogger jogger country for a run from glencree to jonny foxs and back to glenncree via pineforest and killkee carpark..... a good 6

You callin me slow??!!! :confused:

friday 20th. did aformentioned runwith aquagirl.that hill up to jonny foxs was real tough,made d hell of the west look like a speed bump.didnt clock it by a gps but mapmyrun'd it it came to 17 a hard 17................17

sat 21st . did a 7 miler round the curragh shootin range .... 7

• Advertisement

who007 wrote: »
    You callin me slow??!!! :confused:
    ish:D

Good running ultraman and aquagirl. I was running not too far from ye on Friday along a section of the WW - Crone wood north through Curtlestown and Prince Williams Seat and back around. Cracking day for a run so it was.

SUNDAy 22nd am did a snappy 11 miler around donadea and back
    pm did a 4 miler around d village...... 15

wednesday 25th.after two days rest went for a nice 11 mile run round the highways of clane and rathcoffey.mite go out again 2nite..... 11
    pm. 4.5...............

thursday 26th.did a nice 5 with the club.felt like had loads left,will probably use it up 2moro.............. 5

• Advertisement

sunday 1st. met up with odysess for a sneaky 60k,turns out he's from ballyer aswell, how small is the world.got some some free pysco analysis so a worthwhile journey.did this run to experiment to see if i could recover in less than a week after the conn ultra so i can do the celtic 100.feelin good at the minute after bringing ultra dog for a walk....... 38

tuesday 3rd.. legs felt a bit sore/stiff after physio lst nite so went for a short run that ended up as an 8 miler.legs gradually loosened up and felt i could keep goin ,but mrs ultraman had the dinner ready........8

46 miles in 2 days. Great running.
    Does Mrs Ultraman wear a cape too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Just wondering.. but would Mrs. Ultraman not be Ultrawoman? Or does that honour go to someone else? I would like to suggest Eva Green as Ultrawoman if they make the movie.

Does Mrs Ultraman wear a cape too?

only on birthdays,anniversarys and maybe a thursday or friday

who007 wrote: »
    I would like to suggest Eva Green as Ultrawoman if they make the movie.

whos eva green?

wednesday 4th.. did a 4miler to break in new runners.... 4

thursday 5th.. went to club for a run with 007 et al .did a nice 6.am fairly confident i did the right thing wit d long run on sun and am sure ill b recovered in time for the acp if i take it handy after sunday coming..6

friday 6th march....went and did a 10 miler round the town and surrounds.felt a bit tired towards the end,spose it was a long week and lookin forward to my taper but am tempted to do 22 2morrow to make 500 on the challenge.ill see how i feel..... 10

saturday.7th ...met up with aquagirl and a speed freak from donore harriers for a run in the park.went nice and easy and really enjoyed it untill we got back to clubhouse and went on the track for a few circuits(mental note ;delete his number from fone) did 2 400s wit a min recovery.not really advised after a 12 mile run but wasa bit of fun.........12 miles plus 800mtres............ 12.4

monday 9th....broke my lenten/conn pledge of no drink(alcohol),i had 2/3 glasses of wine on sunday so for my penance did 7 miles on the thread mill for the first drink and will do the same tomorrw and the next day each subseqent one.....will probably never drink again unless i lose the voices in my head..... 7

• Advertisement

tuesday 10..went for some penance again on the threadi.did 5 horibble miles.... 5

wednesday.11th ... dinner/fuel last nite so had an enforced rest today.am itching to go for a run outdoors after 2 sessions in the gym and posted my entry fee for the acp so no turning back now.have decided to give the cork marathon:mad:a miss so i can pay back my body for all its effort over the last 2months and the coming few weeks as iv still got 2 do newry and belfast marathons after the two upcoming races.....

I hope for your sake that your mrs doesn't read your postings, else it'll be no more dinners for you. Though, by the sounds of it that could be a good thing :)

thursday 12th..(after a takeaway) went out for club run of 6miles first three went fairly snappy ,second 3 not so ,but an enjoyable social run....6

friday 13th....did a fast 3 on the thready...................3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

friday 13th....did a fast 3 on the thready...................3
    So your doing Belfast too I see any targets?

So your doing Belfast too I see any targets?

hiya shels ,wont have a target until after the conn and the acp but wiilprobably hope for 3:50:eek:

saturday 14th march...went to the forest for a club run did about 11k with the group.lovly run on a fantastic morning . lookin forward to the 5k tomorrow to get into race mood for the conn, and its mrs ultraman's first race.............. 6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

wednesday.11th ... dinner/fuel last nite so had an enforced rest today.am itching to go for a run outdoors after 2 sessions in the gym and posted my entry fee for the acp so no turning back now.have decided to give the cork marathon:mad:a miss so i can pay back my body for all its effort over the last 2months and the coming few weeks as iv still got 2 do newry and belfast marathons after the two upcoming races.....

So you going for both great stuff, best of luck with Connemara and the 100k.

• Advertisement

sunday 15th,...did the 5k run withthe OH.it was a lovly day for a run.a strange feeling been in a race but not goin for it .aim for today was to get mrs ultraman around in sub 35,did it in 33:30 and were very happy with dat.maybe she'l get the bug and buy her own selection of lycra....3.1

Advertisement