Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mite as well start training

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats to Mrs Ultraman, hopefully she's got the bug now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

ultraman1 wrote: »
    .maybe she'l get the bug and buy her own selection of lycra....3.1

Do I sense a spin-off series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

who007 wrote: »
    Do I sense a spin-off series?

hardeeha:D

monday 16th..did my last run today of 6 miles,a nice warm up mile,4 fast ones and savoured the last mile.lookin forward to the start now....6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Good luck at the weekend ultraman. Wear that cape and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Good luck tomorrow mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

heh ultraman1 how did you fare in the end? Are you going to do the 100k in Galway this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thanks ultraman it was nice to meet yourself and aquagirl , how did ye get on? did ye do "the parish" proud:D
    good luck in the 100k this weekend looking forward to hearing how you get on

sunday 22nd...went to the compulsary race briefing(rite turn,rite turn,rite turn) i was lookin out for some fellow boards awaiting the rallying call or gohards yellow hat.tried to put some faces to boards names.i saw a fellow that could be only explained as Vin diesal in lycra i knew 4 deffo dat it was sungod(he is really as hard as the rep that preceeds him).i met abhainn aswell as another chap from an opposing parish who just had a mud bath wit a few other xc runners.as the start approached sungod took his starting position that lookd very similar to the one used in the 100yard dash.i wish dem well and off they went like rockets.i on the other hand took the more holistic approach and started off at my usual pace with aquagirl,so called as she can swim faster than she can run(i tink she has webbed feet).we got chatting to a few other runners as we went on our merry way.I just wanted toget around todays race injury free and run in a consistent 10/11 min miles average and as it was aquagirls first ultra that was her aim aswell.we enjoyed the first 12 uneventfull miles and was glad to get off the main road were every mile camera men seemd to jump out of every bush and flash at you(wit their camera).then the wind came straight at us and aqua startd the never again talk that uaually starts later in our runs.i was in for along day.i repl;ied wit my usual swimmers are wimps quips,and then followd the did i ever tell you about the time i swam the channel and back(dam the ipod ban).we got to the 26 mile marker and a 5 minute break so aqua could change her socks and jocks and i had a screamin headache either from aquas moanin or what causes headaches , a couple of anadins later i was grand on back on our way.aqua eats hills 4 breakfast but cant run down them to save her life,so the next 10 mile were an endless series of me fallin behind at the bottom of the hill and passin her out as we went down it and so on and so forth.we got te the hotw and started our assent(sic) we got a second wind from somewhere or some one and we ripped up it wen we got to the top aqua was bushed and i felt great and did my fastest two miles to the finish not realising my partner was on her knees a mile back up the hill.i did wat any aspiring milktray man would do,so back upthe hill to my whinging comrade,did iget thanks ,no chance(wat the f##k r you doin here) so witout any futher ado i gave her some motivational words of encouragement(just callin swimmers wimps again) and told her i was goin to beat her twice dat day witch did the trick as she motored home with a tear in her eye in the fantastic time of 7:17:46.
    epilog...a great run wit no injuries and am lookin forward to saturday race where ill give it a good lash for the parish......................39.3 (+1)

monday 23 .got up and 2 miles to strecth the legs.....................2

friday27th.... packd up and ready to go.dont know if im excited or cackin myself,will know 2 moro.am hopin to finish in 10:30 but 10:59:59 will also do....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

best of luck, your some character, great log

good luck you good thing / mad thing!

saturday 28..woke up after my usual pre race nite pint of black protien.didnt really sleep well 4 watever reason,breakfast and off to the race.met a guy i hadnt seen 4 years from ballyer doin the race.off we went.i got runnin wit on of the girls from the irish team(ash) and pb'd my 10k time:eek:.i started to slow down after dat and the next 20 miles were hell,each step was more painful dan the next,i could really feel last weeks run in my legs,i just concentrated on gettin the next lap done and the nxt one.i got to 42k and was on me knees and was really thinkin of jackin.i had a 5 min sit down and 2 expressos.up i went and did another couple of pain free laps.i was also takin painkillers and anti inflamatries and copius amounts of bio freeze.next i just concentrated on gettin to 50 k,den 60 k den 70 k.i was on my arseat dis stage.the pain in me legs was still there but could really feel it and i was really slowin down (17 mins per 2k). iwas gettin worried about time now as some of the elites had finished and every cheer was a kick in the arse 4 me.i got to 80k (so i thought) and got a bit more confident.did 2 more laps and was told i was only at 8ok:confused::confused:.dat was effing demoralising.i was gettin cold and sore at this stage and thoughts of pullin were again on the horizon.did another lap and slowed down by another minute.i had been runnin for 9hrs 25 by now at 82k.so my head took over ,decided to dop 1 more lap to make 2 marathons and go home to d oh and kids.so with only a sneaky 10 miles to go dat was it,i hadnt the legs to go on an adding the time up i would have been out for another 2+ hrs.after wakin up this morninin agony im glad i didnt go on.
    2 marathons-9:42:
    am startin my taper for belfast now:D

Fair play to you. You were taking on a lot doing this after last week's efforts, so well done on hanging in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

saturday 28..woke up after my usual pre race nite pint of black protien.didnt really sleep well 4 watever reason,breakfast and off to the race.met a guy i hadnt seen 4 years from ballyer doin the race.off we went.i got runnin wit on of the girls from the irish team(ash) and pb'd my 10k time:eek:.i started to slow down after dat and the next 20 miles were hell,each step was more painful dan the next,i could really feel last weeks run in my legs,i just concentrated on gettin the next lap done and the nxt one.i got to 42k and was on me knees and was really thinkin of jackin.i had a 5 min sit down and 2 expressos.up i went and did another couple of pain free laps.i was also takin painkillers and anti inflamatries and copius amounts of bio freeze.next i just concentrated on gettin to 50 k,den 60 k den 70 k.i was on my arseat dis stage.the pain in me legs was still there but could really feel it and i was really slowin down (17 mins per 2k). iwas gettin worried about time now as some of the elites had finished and every cheer was a kick in the arse 4 me.i got to 80k (so i thought) and got a bit more confident.did 2 more laps and was told i was only at 8ok:confused::confused:.dat was effing demoralising.i was gettin cold and sore at this stage and thoughts of pullin were again on the horizon.did another lap and slowed down by another minute.i had been runnin for 9hrs 25 by now at 82k.so my head took over ,decided to dop 1 more lap to make 2 marathons and go home to d oh and kids.so with only a sneaky 10 miles to go dat was it,i hadnt the legs to go on an adding the time up i would have been out for another 2+ hrs.after wakin up this morninin agony im glad i didnt go on.
    2 marathons-9:42:
    am startin my taper for belfast now:D
    outch and i was feeling good with my 16 miles yesterday...

good stuff ultraman, thats a lot of running in 7 seven days
    roll on belfast !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭woundedknee

A Heroic effort. Hope you had something left in the tank for today's sponsored walk:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

sunday 22nd...went to the compulsary race briefing(rite turn,rite turn,rite turn) i was lookin out for some fellow boards awaiting the rallying call or gohards yellow hat.tried to put some faces to boards names.i saw a fellow that could be only explained as Vin diesal in lycra i knew 4 deffo dat it was sungod(he is really as hard as the rep that preceeds him).i met abhainn aswell as another chap from an opposing parish who just had a mud bath wit a few other xc runners.as the start approached sungod took his starting position that lookd very similar to the one used in the 100yard dash.i wish dem well and off they went like rockets.i on the other hand took the more holistic approach and started off at my usual pace with aquagirl,so called as she can swim faster than she can run(i tink she has webbed feet).we got chatting to a few other runners as we went on our merry way.I just wanted toget around todays race injury free and run in a consistent 10/11 min miles average and as it was aquagirls first ultra that was her aim aswell.we enjoyed the first 12 uneventfull miles and was glad to get off the main road were every mile camera men seemd to jump out of every bush and flash at you(wit their camera).then the wind came straight at us and aqua startd the never again talk that uaually starts later in our runs.i was in for along day.i repl;ied wit my usual swimmers are wimps quips,and then followd the did i ever tell you about the time i swam the channel and back(dam the ipod ban).we got to the 26 mile marker and a 5 minute break so aqua could change her socks and jocks and i had a screamin headache either from aquas moanin or what causes headaches , a couple of anadins later i was grand on back on our way.aqua eats hills 4 breakfast but cant run down them to save her life,so the next 10 mile were an endless series of me fallin behind at the bottom of the hill and passin her out as we went down it and so on and so forth.we got te the hotw and started our assent(sic) we got a second wind from somewhere or some one and we ripped up it wen we got to the top aqua was bushed and i felt great and did my fastest two miles to the finish not realising my partner was on her knees a mile back up the hill.i did wat any aspiring milktray man would do,so back upthe hill to my whinging comrade,did iget thanks ,no chance(wat the f##k r you doin here) so witout any futher ado i gave her some motivational words of encouragement(just callin swimmers wimps again) and told her i was goin to beat her twice dat day witch did the trick as she motored home with a tear in her eye in the fantastic time of 7:17:46.
    epilog...a great run wit no injuries and am lookin forward to saturday race where ill give it a good lash for the parish......................39.3 (+1)

One of your funniest posts ever! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What's your taper? 80 miles per week?! Congrats on getting so far, particularly after last week's heroic effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

2 marathons and a 10k PB included. Not a bad day ultraman1:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Some week, your legs may be sore but perhaps you need to have your head examined for attempting 2 tough Ultras so close together!

Well done all the same... savage stuff :D

monday30 th..went to my fissio for a bit of pain relief(not).to cut a long story short my left leg is bollibanjaxed.so went to the gym and did .01km on the thready.off to boston for a weeks rnr with the family(mite bring me runners).........................................0.01km:D

hi ultraman im just back running since connemara
    so far i have done two 4 mile runs and im just finished a 6 mile run, the 6 miler i started slow and got slower.
    i can still really feel the ultra in the legs
    dont know how you managed 84k a week after conn.

SUNGOD wrote: »
    hi ultraman im just back running since connemara
    so far i have done two 4 mile runs and im just finished a 6 mile run, the 6 miler i started slow and got slower.
    i can still really feel the ultra in the legs
    dont know how you managed 84k a week after conn.

me neither.have just really thought about the two runs together over the past couple of days .i should have really only done one of them but i had gotten aquagirl to do it and she would have killed me if i backed out and ill mite never get the chance in ireland to run with that field of elite ultra runners again,so ill probly wont do such hard runs so near again as im in bits now, but lookin forward to belfast and newry after a good 2/3 week rest.

did .5 of amile on the thready in boston......... .5

(page 8)....did my first post acp run last nite 3.5 miles..first mile was like hell,second was purgatory and the third never ended(i love running).:D..3.5

Did you see the photos of the Celticplate race on the athenry website. Great pictures, but they'll probably relive the horror for you :)

monday 20th, went out again did about 4+ miles,found my breathin a bit heavey and tight so will take it easy 4 tonights run and see how it goes..4

i feel your pain....i felt (and ran) like benjamin button for the first couple of runs after connemara

• Advertisement

tuesday 21.did the club run with a few tempo sessions ,feklt ok and a bit more tired than usual....................4

Advertisement