Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mite as well start training

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

friday 24...did 2.5miles with d oh...................2.5

monday 27....did a 4miler around the town,felt like really givin a lash.my legs were all for it but my breathin is still a bit bogie.could do with another week rest b4 belfast.a bit cheesed off about havin to go up twice to norn iron to collect me number and then go up and but all my sneaki weekends away are all used up and mrs ultrawoman1 is not for turning.......4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just catching up with your log now. Best of luck in Belfast have you any plans for the rest of the year yet?

hi ya se,am doin newry a few weeks after belfast and then its a well earned rest for the body to repay it for all its hardwork over the last while.i have a few nigglee achesand pains so the rest will do me good.i mite do dingle marathon and will decide later wheather to do DCM.i will be having another go at 100k in the new year and then training starts for 2011mds....(mental note--must tell wife)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭woundedknee

Good luck in Belfast and don't forget to follow the race line:D

• Advertisement

thursday 30..did 4 miles in donadea,didnt feel too snappy,mite have to re asses time for belfast..... 4

ultraman1 wrote: »
    i will be having another go at 100k in the new year and then training starts for 2011mds....(mental note--must tell wife)

Classic;) What 100k are you going for?

Odysseus wrote: »
    what 100k are you going for?
    will wait till nearer the end of the year to finalise one.

just back from belfast ,the worst organised race ever.am too angry to do do a race report.

Ran it in 2002 and wasn't impressed so sounds like you had a similar experience. Hopefully Newry will cancel out the bad experience.

• Advertisement

sunday 3rd...drove up to get my number,great directions on the registration sheet.Got there eventually,middle of nowhere, starvin, hoping for a bit o choclate in the goody bag.went into the reg tent got me bag,full of crap ie.nutin in the bag or the tent.waste of time.went to sainsburys,2 crates of beer 16£,happy days....drove home

monday 4th....drove up with aquagirl to run the race found out the hard way that u have to pay for parkin on b/h mondays in norn iron.got to the start ,couldnt get into our proper coral with all the crowds who wernt doin the race,settled in beside the walkers and relay guys.took nearly 2mins to get upto the chip line and off we went.thought it was a bit wierd to see a water station so close to the start,u would swear they were givin away money the way the stampede to get water went.the relay change overs were surreel,it was like runnin through a mosh pit at a mettalica concert.the time when it hit me that i knewmy feelin about this marathon was right was when i saw the people filling buckets of water from pipes in the ground to give to runners by scooping water out of the buckets in plastic cups and then giving them to runners(ballygowan it wasnt).im no health and safety expert but if one of those people had bad hygeine or a dose of the scuts(or were in mexico)then how many runners would they have passed it on to,this was also the procedure for filling up the powerade cups(though it wasnt comin from a pipe in the ground).this was the similar scenario at subsequent water stations,so liquids were off agenda for me.The portion of the race between 16 and 20 were down a track were there was no stewards or accesss for medical personnal if an incident had occured.miles 22 to 24 were through an open park were i was dogdin prams,kids,bikes and dudes with staffadsure bull terriers.The finish area was like glastonbury,there was no real exit for the finishers,it was like tryin to squeeze through bruxeelles at last orders.finally made it through and then it started pissin rain,took refuge in a tent were i had a row with the 'doorman' cause i wasnt an offfical C.F runner.decided to jog back to my car.as i was runnin back by the course the stewards had left their positions and there were a few runners goin the wrong way at about mile 22.....overall i felt this race was a total f##k up and i never do it or recomend it to any one.ill be writein a letter of complaint to all the organisers and sponsors to air my grievences.................26.2:D

Sorry to hear that Anto. I ran it a few years ago and that part in the park was just outrageous, people where crossing my path with buggies!!! Anyway you got through it congrats mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sorry to hear that. Great report though. I ran it 3 years back and it wasn't too bad then. I had the misfortune though of hoteling it overnight out by the uni and there was a late night pub outside that was having a party late which meant very little if any sleep. The relay is a new addition to the race and I don't much like them in any marathon. A marathon is a marathon is a marathon.. not a relay. When I ran it it was quite informal at the start. You wandered up, you were near the start and the race started. I remember parts of the course being quite dismal. The section along the motorway for instance. It too finished in a downpour and there was nowhere for the runners to go for shelter and there wasn't any buses to bring people back to the city centre. I walked painfully back to the hotel. It was a miserable post race experience. The good thing about it at the time was a PB at the time, so I've mixed memories of Belfast.

thurs day 7th ...did 4 easy mikles in the rain ,really njoyed this run...4

saturday 9th.....did a nice 4 ,feels good to be trainin towards somthing again.....4

mon11th...did a easy 5 ..................................5

tuesday 12th...thank god 4 Goks fashion fix.i was able to sneak out for an hours run,did a7 miler ,felt like i could run forever.......7

wednesday 13th...went out in the rain ,did a 5 miler.felt a bit tired after 3 days in a row.feels a bit strange increasing d milage b4 newry marathon.dat will be my first back 2 back lsr's of d trainin for conn100. i have my crew organised and have the combi sorted(ultravan1).rest tomorrow and have two 10s and the sportsworld5 on 4 the weekend....5

thursday 14th...did 9.5 with 007 and the club,couldnt get goin after the first 4,so just jogged the nxt 5 and a bit.......................9.5

sunday17 may...did the sportsworhd 5 wit mrs ultraman.............5

• Advertisement

monday 18th...did leg 7 of the wickla way wit slogger jogger,dathi bc and donothoponpop.SJ and Dbc strode off into the distance and d,pop stayd wit me(city slicker) so i wouldnt get lost in the hills.it was one of the hardest trainin runs ever(i can hear sj snigger as i write this).the one compliment i can give theese guuys is i never want to train wit them again......tarmac and concrete 4 me.......13.5,(though it felt like 135)

friday 22 may...went for fisio on wed for a rub down.the fisio must of been workin out or else didnt like me as i felt battered after it.did 3.5 tonite to get d legs movin ......3.5

saturday 23 may...decided to do the intel 10km this mornin.was the usual course,3 laps of intel.a few club membersdid it aswell,all got pbs(xcept me:rolleyes:).we got great weather and nice biscuits after it.lookin forward to my taper tomorrow for newry:D.....6.2

monday 25th..did newry today.got there in plenty of time,no crap with parking or starting(r u listening belfast).route went out of town onto a secondary road,didnt see one car apart from aquagirl squirtin me wit water and tellin me to hurry up.support was great in the towns we passed through,givinout water,sportr drinks and gels and chocolate.at the halfway stage it was onto a canal towpath,thought it mite be a bit lonly,but it was well supported with water and gel stops and dudes on bikes givin out watr and gels aswell.the finish area was well run aswell wit a great long finish line and rest area.got around in 4;19 was happy enuf wit dat.the last 6 was my fastest in 50mins,had a little wobble at at 14/15 but found my legs again.............26.2

Suppose it's Cork next weekend :D

Suppose it's Cork next weekend :D
    unfortunatly mrs ultraman is doin the chicks marathon dat day and i get to hear the kids say 'is mam here yet,is mam here yet,is mam here yet,when is ma here.......'

tuesday 26th...did 8 miles on the bike around donadea.first time out on it this year......

ultraman1 wrote: »
    monday 25th..did newry today.got there in plenty of time,no crap with parking or starting(r u listening belfast).route went out of town onto a secondary road,didnt see one car apart from aquagirl squirtin me wit water and tellin me to hurry up.support was great in the towns we passed through,givinout water,sportr drinks and gels and chocolate.at the halfway stage it was onto a canal towpath,thought it mite be a bit lonly,but it was well supported with water and gel stops and dudes on bikes givin out watr and gels aswell.the finish area was well run aswell wit a great long finish line and rest area.got around in 4;19 was happy enuf wit dat.the last 6 was my fastest in 50mins,had a little wobble at at 14/15 but found my legs again.............26.2

Congrats, there is another one of the list now.

thursday 28th ... did a handy 3.5 miler around the town,felt monday srun in the legs ,better get used to it i spose.......3.5

• Advertisement

friday 29...did a easy 4 wit mrs um1,............4

Advertisement