Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mite as well start training

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

saturday 30th....sneakd off work,as u do on sunny days,did 9 in glorious sunshine.running is great when ur gettin paid time and a half:D....9

monday 1st june....went for an am run b4 the sun got too hot.just did 3.5 b4 i felt really hot,so packed up and went home.Mrs ultraman did d womans race 2 day in 69 minsso am very haoppy 4 her and shall partake in some liquid celebrations.75 days till conn100 so this will b my last bouy of alcohal(thank god 4 erdinger n/a)......3.5

tuesday 2nd june...did 9 in the searing heat.....9

thursday 4th...did 3 mile wit mrs UM,and then did another 5 waiting for her to do her hair in the gym........8

fri... did a 5 miler wit my drinking buddy and had 2 pints:D...5.

• Advertisement

saturday ...3hrs40 lost in the wicklow hills,:mad:am calling it 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Did you have a gps watch. Would be interesting to see the length and breath of Wicklow that you covered!!

id bring you only you wouldnt be able to run and laugh at the same time:D

tuesday 8th...did a sore 10 miler on well signposted roads and without the threat of burt renoylds ambushining me with his banjo.....10

tuesday 9th ..planned another 10 miler but me legs are still as stiff as planks so turned back after 2 and a bit...................5.5

• Advertisement

wednesday...did a snappy 3.5,legs are a bit looser ,got in just b4 d rain...3.5

thursday ...did 10 miles wit the club,got very hot and heart was a bit to high as well..................10

friday 12th,.....did 10k on the dreadie........................6.2

saturday.13th...got up afer a nite of whitesnake,very similar to running inthat theres lots of middle age guys runnin around i lycra,did ten miles and sweated the 6euro pint outta me......................10

monday14th.....planned a 10miler but half way round felt good so upd it 2a 12miler.first time in a couple of weeks iv felt good on my feet...12

tuesday..did an 8 miler after a shiiity day at work......8

wednesday,,,,have a lsr plannd for friday so just dida lite 3.5miles today............................3.5

friday 19th...planned really lsr had 2 b cancelled due to the OH pulling rank so had to work around this.got up at 6 did a sneaky 12,got back in time for the walk to the school wit d bin lids.went to the gym for a bit of quality time wit aformentioned OH.,we did a 2 miler out on the road and back to the gym to do 8 on the dreaded threadi.i then had to walk home as the OH stroked me car whilei had kip in the sauna(mental note-hide the spare keys.)had a bit of lunch,walked the dog,watched the A-TEAM,brought a daughter to the dentist,organised a campervan for conn100.got home put on a pair of shorts .out 4 another 8 around donadea and back in time for dinner........ 30

saturday 20th...met woundedknee for a preplanned speed session.we did some 400metre and 200mtre sprints,i was wrecked,clocked 4.5 miles and then did a slow(according to WK)4 miler............8.5

30 in a day!! One of your most entertaining entries for a while though.

• Advertisement

monday22nd..went out 4 a sociable scoop last nite and needless to say got langered.never again.woke up today and switched faith and am now a buddist,so no more of that hedonistic malarkey for me.did a bad 3.5miler b4 afternoon chanting and sweated the devils juice outta me.after that i did a sneaki 8miler...................................11.5

tuesday ..did a nice 10 up to donadea,had rest halfway around lookin a game of tag rugby...............10

Are you on track for the Conn 100 miler? You're certainly getting the miles in...

Are you on track for the Conn 100 miler?
    i think i am,im goin to try and bump up the miles a bit more for the next 4weeks and drop back down.hardest problem is findin the time...

tuesday ..went out for a sneaki 5 miler,was goin to take a rest,but.........5

thursday 25th...was sposed to leave wrk early and get a lsr in but didny happen,so decided to go to gym and do a sauna/swim..sauna and pool closed!so did 4 on the dreadie and home for dinner..was gonna go again 4 a run but felt a bit stiff so did 10 miles on my trusty cowchaser...4

friday ..up at the crack of dawn to do a nice 7milr,off to a meeting and then meetin aquagirl for a 16miler in th park.......................7

could only manage a 10 miler due to oh pressure.....10

sat 27..had planned an lsr to finish the 1000 challeng but got stung wit a bit of overtime(dam dat recession).could only fit in 11miler....11

sunday 28th ...anudder day at work,got home and sneakd out and got 7.5 in b4 the dog had to be walked(should of got a gerbil)..........7.5

• Advertisement

tuuesday30th...had a rest and a couple of beers yesterday......0
    went for arun 2nite after dinner,dont know if it was the bacon,cabbage or lemon drizzle cake that did it buut me stomach was in a jocker for the best part of the run,had to stop for about ten mins ....12

Advertisement