Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mite as well start training

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

wed 1 july...did asnappy 3.5 miler around clane......nice 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just noticed, congrats on the 1,000 miles mate.

thursday....felt a bit tired so only was goin 2do 4 but decided on route to go longer and rest tomorow so did 8....lookin 4ward to a jacuissi ana sauna.....8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Congrats also ultraman1 on the big 1000. You beat me to it... well bugger ..

saturday..due to bleedin work i could only get in a sneaki 6:mad::mad:
    im very pissd off wit this weeks amount of runnin and my lack of
    lsr's in general.ill have to get my finger out and my head out of me calor kosangas .......6

• Advertisement

sunday.... 8.. off to achill 4 a few days hope top get a lot of running(oh permitting:D)_

tuesday....ran from keel to keem beach and back... 12k i think
    thursday did the achill half course anda little bit more didnt have any garmin on for the runs 14 miles

on anudder note, having spent 4 days on the beach iv just realised i hate bleedin sand and so have just maild mds to recouperate my deposit back...

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

ultraman1 wrote: »
    tuesday....ran from keel to keem beach and back... 12k

Keel to Keem is a great run. The climb out of Keem is especially tough, but the views are spectacular!

Also spent a few days down there after the half. got some nice beach runs in. Thanks for the pointer re the half.

saturday..11..did a nice 2hr 35 run in weather you wouldnt put ur dog out in,i hope it was at least 15:eek: otherwise i mite as well give up.tried the power ride jellys on this run,lemon and no caffiene got terrible cramps,any one wanna buy a half eaten packet.....

• Advertisement

sun 12th,....due to work commitments(again) could only do a sneaki 5 this morn and an even sneaker 3.5 this evening........8.5

monday 13th ,,did anice 10,felt i could go on 4ever....10

tuesday 14 did a easy 4 to donadea and 1.5 laps of the park and hitched home.. approx 9miles...9

wed...cant be arsed to run today,got some weights and gonna try and lose my moobs...................0

sunday ....after 4 days of rest did a nice 16.5 miles .......16.5

monday 20....just got out and did 6 after dinner..methinks ill be well rested b4 the race....6

tuesday 21..got home late frm work,had dinner and strait out after dat.did a nies uneventful 12 miler.bright spark dat i am wore all black and the last few miles were in near darkness....12

wed 22.....after dinner again did a sneaki 8 miler....8

saturday .25th...had planned to get up at 6 and do nice long run but didnt hear alarm so got too late to go as plannd as had other commitments.managed to get in a 21 miler before lunch and had to go to aquagirls 30th birthday celebrations where i managed not to drink at all,thank god 4 n/a erdinger,,,,,,,,21

sunday 26...got home from aformentioned nite out and went on a 12 miler .did the first 6 fairly snappy and really slowed down the next 6.so am happy wit the weekends effort.so 1 more hard week and then a not so hard week left and then on to a taper:D....12

tuesday ...took a rest day yesterday and brought jess out for a sneaki 4 mile walk..met up wit aquagirl and did just over an hour in the park finishin up kyber.......about 7/8

• Advertisement

thursday....did my usual 12 mile lap of clane,donadea,clongowes and back 2 clane in d mornin b4 work.took a sneaki half day and went for some pain infliction otherwise known as a sports massage...mite venture out 4 a cycle tonite.....12

pm...did a 5 miler with the club,legs wernt gr8 after massage .....5

saturday 1st....met up wit figs,kkilbane,ger65 and woddle for an early mornin sr.first time in a while ive ran wit a crowd,a nice few hills and a good bit of crack made it enjoyable.......16

monsay 3rd....took part in the kilmuckridge 5miler run..at the whistle i found myself at the front for the first 2.5 miles:eek::eek::eek:.gradually natural selection took over and i came in 5th in a time of 35:23 nocking 4 mins off my pb 2yrs ago.this is the first race iv raced in ages, so am chuffed....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Nice one and with a 16 miler in the legs also!

tuesdayy....jst dis 2 miles with my daughter in tow.,.wasnt in the humour for any more.....tapering rocks.......2

wednesday......cycled to work and back,12 mile trip,half way throo the bleedin saddle dropped and started to wobble.cycling career over,and walkd d dog 4miles......

fri/sat /sun..did the galway 2 dublin relay, repotr to follow...there may be a few youtube moments:o.....

galway/dublin relay report.
    Due to work commitments i couldnt meet the team at the start of the relay but met them at ballinasloe after they had gotten all the media attention and dates with models off TG4:(.The team was john'globalmarathonman woundedknee oregan and seamus the gitane smokin coffee drinkin veteran and padraig orange juice potato eatin carb loader and me.padraig was already on the go as i got to ballinsloe so igot the to do the last leg of 9miles wit john,the lads had al ready covered about 50k before that.so into the hotel for a wash and some grub at 9ish.we were treated to some really hospitable service by the waitress and waiter who were obvious impressed by our late arrival(mental note-must get name of charm school they went to).so off to bed early via the nite club and some hostilrys that served up some ice cold canadian carbo-fuel.Wknee was last seen do some active strecthin to a fast beat by 2unlimited..Up at 8 the followin mornin for the longest day of 100k.paradaig went first wit his youthful exuberance,i went second wit a bit of dehydration,then john and then odeysess which brought us to mulingar and our first stop at a Gala shop which was our pick up point for the jacjandjill foundation phones.when john rang the shop for directions ,he neglected to say who he was and as the owner nervously gave them, he also rang the local constabulary who were there to meet us suppoted by the emergency response unit.....(end or part 1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Classic read :D, thought Ballinasloe had progressed from 2Unlimited :rolleyes:

Advertisement