Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying LCD TVs from the UK in Sterling. Help.

• 23-12-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I can buy an LCD TV from any UK retailer in Sterling and get it delivered to Eire? Any I've found won't deliver to Eire. Play.com will deliver but only when you convert Sterling to Euro on their website and the conversion rate is not even close to todays rate more like 70p to a Euro.

I found this link last night and there are hundreds of euro in the difference when buying in Sterling versus locally in Euro (even against the likes of Komplette.ie).

http://hdtvtest.pgpartner.co.uk/search_attrib.php?form_keyword=samsung+&topcat_id=&page_id=197&st=filter-query

I'm looking to buy a Samsung and started looking at the LE40A656's but moved up to the LE40A786's and up when I saw the great savings to be made given the strength of the euro against Sterling.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

welcome to boards.

You may want to try Richersounds.ie

They are based in belfast and take euro or sterling.

They also have a user here on boards that answers questions about their product.

I think they offer boards users' free delivery on TVs also so it may be worth a look.

Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Gibbers,

I agree with quazzy and have bought from RS. Couple of points use Richersounds.com instead but order from the shop in Belfast, you may have to persist but it will be worth it. Think I paid 20STG for delivery and I got a very good deal.

Look in this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

and try these details , johnmc@richersounds.ie or sales@richersounds.ie

majj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 gibbers

Cheers guys. I'll definitely give them a look, hopefully they'll have the model I'm after. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

gibbers wrote: »
    Play.com will deliver but only when you convert Sterling to Euro on their website and the conversion rate is not even close to todays rate more like 70p to a Euro.

Don't think so. When you try to check out, you get the following message

There is a problem with your chosen delivery address.
    Please review this page before continuing.
    Why do I need to review the delivery address?

* Items priced in pounds can only be delivered to UK addresses.
    * Items priced in euros can only be delivered to European addresses outside the UK.
    * Electronic or gadget items can only be delivered to UK addresses.
    * Electronic or gadget items valued at £50 or over must be delivered to your credit/debit card billing address, which must be in the UK.

* Games items valued at £80 or over must be delivered to your credit/debit card billing address, which must be in the UK.
    * Mobile content can only be purchased if you have a UK credit/debit card billing address.

Advertisement