Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftercare!

• 23-12-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    First post here and i've a few questions after getting my first tattoo!

Got one yesterday on my forearm and noticed this morning that my arm is a bit swollen and still kinda sore. Is this normal?

Also how would sweat affect it in the first few weeks? Should i wait before going back to the gym?!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Congrats! If ya fancy showing it off, stick a pic up in the "I'll show you mine..." thread! :)

Swelling is perfectly normal, tattooing is quite intense and this is your body starting to try to heal itself after being perforated many thousands of times by the needles!

As regards the gym, it's probably best if you do leave it for a few weeks at least, as the sweat may contribute to pushing out some of the ink, so in order to keep your tattoo looking as good as possible till it's healed properly, I'd say take a little holiday from anything too strenous.

Advertisement