Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody wants to buy a domain from me

Options
  • 23-12-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have a domain registered, it is a traditional Irish name so the domain is www.'name'.com Somebody wants to buy it from me. I registered it 5 years ago when my son was born, but apart from a few pictures there is nothing much on it. Should I sell it? What would it be worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

It depeneds what the domain is. I vaguely remember someone in the US sold pizza.com a while back for a few million dollars.

It really all depends on the name. ANd how much you think you can get for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You're in a position to make a fair few bob if the domain is really needed buy the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it was really worth all that much somebody would have contacted you about buying it.
    Put it for sale on adverts.ie

m2c

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from Personal Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭disland

biko wrote: »
    If it was really worth all that much somebody would have contacted you about buying it.
    Put it for sale on adverts.ie

m2c

Thats it, somebody did contact me. Its probably just a general punter but sur Ill see what he offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

disland wrote: »
    Thats it, somebody did contact me. Its probably just a general punter but sur Ill see what he offers.
    Ask them to make an offer. You own the domain, so there's no harm in posting it up here, people will have a better idea of it's worth.

Given it's an irish name there's a good chance it's just some bloke who wants it, but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Depending on how bad they want it, you can get a decent few bob for it....

See if they have a company reg'd or a trade mark, if so you're laughing cos they'll be desperate.com (fnarr!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its probably just someone trying to buy it on their own as P said and not some big corporation, at the end of the day if they are registered they would be more interested in the .ie i would think. See what they offer but depending on who they are you might not get the offer of loads of money as some are suggesting. There are cases where this happens but its not with every domain name someone enquires about. If the domain isnt being used buy you and they offer something you consider decent then its money in your pocket, if there is a reason you want to hold on to it then dont sell it.

Advertisement