Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI cable

• 23-12-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get a cheap one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

I know Tesco were doing them cheap a while back, and they have them in Aldi/Lidl from time to time, but I got one in Heatons for €8 the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Worth remembering that price is an indication of quality with HDMI cables. If your happy with a slower transfer rate which will not carry a 1080P signal then the Tesco etc. cables are suitable. If you want the full HD experience, you will need to pay more.
    I didn't realise this until is was pointed out to me recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Macer123 wrote: »
    Worth remembering that price is an indication of quality with HDMI cables. If your happy with a slower transfer rate which will not carry a 1080P signal then the Tesco etc. cables are suitable. If you want the full HD experience, you will need to pay more.
    I didn't realise this until is was pointed out to me recently.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!

All hdmi cables are the same and a 2.50e tesco one will do EXACTLY the same job as one that costs about a 100e. This has been said time and time again on boards and make no mistake, all hdmi cables can carry in excess in 1080p.

Who pointed it out for you, out of interest??

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Zonda999 wrote: »
    ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!

All hdmi cables are the same and a 2.50e tesco one will do EXACTLY the same job as one that costs about a 100e. This has been said time and time again on boards and make no mistake, all hdmi cables can carry in excess in 1080p.

Not exactly rubbish. They are not all the same. But almost all hdmi are good enough for 1080p full hd.

But they are not all capable of hi def sound (dolby HD or DTS MA or PCM uncompressed) through a HD AV receiver. Having said that most short length ones will be fine. Digital is digital (0s % 1s) but some can be missed. Also you may consider buying a well built cable with snug fitting plugs. Afterall you are plugging it into a expensive piece of equipment. The ones you see in electrical stores for €40 are no better than ones you can buy online for less than a tenner. Look for 'hdmi 1.3a' on the box and you will be fine.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Zavvi or Tesco are best bet for B&M store for HDMI cables under a tenner.

DX if online is an option:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4590

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

Picked one up in Tesco for 2.50 a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Zonda999 wrote: »
    ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!

SORRY !!

Happy Christmas to you too >>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Macer123 wrote: »
    SORRY !!

Happy Christmas to you too >>>>

No Worries

Happy Christmas!:D:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Found philips cables in tesco but the cheapest was €21

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

I got this one..its a 5metre one and will cost about 11euro delivered. If you only want about 1.5 metres it be about 8 or 9 euro. Well Worth it. Works perfect. http://www.digibuys.co.uk/Premium-Quality-HDMI-CABLE-p-148.html
    Took about 3 days to deliver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement