Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faucet (tap)

• 23-12-2008 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need a new tap for my place as the old one is leaking and I've read it's best just to replace the whole thing instead of the washers as it wont be long before the same problem reappears. I know some taps can be hundreds and I know Lidl had one that would have been perfect for about €30 a month or two ago. Does anyone know where else I could get a decent one that will be cheap enough as close to Dun Laoghaire as possible :)

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Change the washer. If its done properly it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

+1 ^^^^^^

If there is nothing else wrong with tap just change washer its only a 10 min job and very hard to get wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I read that you need to get specific washers for the specific make of tap, is that right or will any oul one do? I don't have a clue what make the tap is. Plumbing is one thing I've never tried my hand at myself and it's the landlady who'd be paying anyway so I'd just like to get it sorted with the least amount of stress and I don't want it to be getting dodgy in another month or two again:o

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Take pic of tap and bring to builders merchant .

Try get a plumber on tradesmen.ie i got one recently to do a small job under sink (leak)

If its not your tap might work out better .Saves you buying tools and being responsible for job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah, I think I'd just prefer to get somebody in to do it, landlady is responsible for all stuff like that anyway, me arranging it is even more than I should be doing, I'm stressed enough with my own stuff anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement