Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked from Youtube? Anyone else with similar experience...

Options
  • 23-12-2008 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hiya,

I've used youtube many, many times. This morning, after I watched AW/Ronson's "Valerie" I went to re-load. The video was described as having been removed. I assume some copyright issue there being attended to as I was watching it.

Now, when I go to load www.youtube.com in Firefox I get this:-

"Address Not Found

www.youtube.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.
    * Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
    * Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing."

I can, however, get into youtube using IP masking sites such as Vtunnell or the-cloak. But I don't think I should have to!

Does anyone know anything about this / heard of it happening before?

I'm at a loss.

Thanks

S

After reading this post, I clicked the link to youtube which was embedded in it, and it works. For some reason I just can't access it directly, but following a link allows it.

Most bizarre.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and hit return.

Dos prompt appears - type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit return.

Wait untill it says the cache as been flushed.

Close the window and lauch your browser to see if you can connect.

Advertisement