Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great moments in GTA4

• 23-12-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

GTA4 does have some fantastic moments,
    Anything in particular spring to mind for anyone here?

I loved the Three Leaf Clover mission.
    Driving with the cops in full pursuit in a car with Irish mobsters with Shipping Up to Boston blaring on the radio.
    Good times.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Is that the bank job one?
    I got hit by one of the friggin trains ffs! >:|
    Also, they're really feckin picky about what suit you wear, I swear to god if I have to drive back to Perseus one more time they can shove their bank job up their asses.

Also, they're a bit screwed once the ID the 4th guy...

Incidentally, does anyone know what the different turnout of killing one of the two guys is?
    I killed Dwayne, and Playboy X rang me aftwerwards and was a complete dick about it, even though he told me to do it in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Also, they're really feckin picky about what suit you wear, I swear to god if I have to drive back to Perseus one more time they can shove their bank job up their asses.
    If you are finding the mission hard, save the game after you purchase the right suit so you wont have to go to perseus again. And yes its too picky, major annoyance for me also.
    Incidentally, does anyone know what the different turnout of killing one of the two guys is?
    Dwayne becomes very clingy and depressed and will give you homies to drive round with after you bring him to enough titty bars

Great moment for me? Realizing that the game was massively overhyped and buggy as fook. Who knows i might still be playing GTA4 multiplayer if they just got had it working in the first place after all their delays before it was released.
    (PS3)
    Also the frame rate gets annoyingly laggy with large explosions or high traffic population.

Can't please anyone! (Dwayne or Playboy). :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Odd, I never had any problems with the suit.

Only problem I had was
    coming up the stairs out of the subway tunnel at the very end, being told to go back because Packie for no apparent reason had stayed at the start of the tunnel, despite me killing every last cop in the area, getting him, coming back to the stairs again and being killed by all the cops who had turned up in the meantime on the surface
    and then shot me through the walls.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

- Playing the game for the 1st time and taking everything in be it the people, scenery, atompshere, weather... at first we all thought it was a thing of beauty.
    - In depth character with proper background
    - Brucie (what a legend)
    - Jacob (as above)
    - 1st time driving down Times Square, luckily for me it was at night.
    - Killing Playboy X or Dwayne, I really found them annoying.
    - Online racing

• Advertisement

Does anyone notice the side missions of guys standing around on the street? A little blue man icon appears and if you walk by them.
    I've met a drunken eastern european guy, a black rapper guy, a junkie who's cleaned up his act (he was so high the 1st time he gave me $100! had to help him after that!)

There was one annoying junkie b1tch that wanted me to take here to score some drugs but then she started nagging me on the back of my bike (I was doing her a favour and this is how I'm treated?), so I rammed the bike full speed into a barrier.
    I was wearing full body armour, she wasn't. XD

Does anyone notice the side missions of guys standing around on the street? A little blue man icon appears and if you walk by them.
    I've met a drunken eastern european guy, a black rapper guy, a junkie who's cleaned up his act (he was so high the 1st time he gave me $100! had to help him after that!)

There was one annoying junkie b1tch that wanted me to take here to score some drugs but then she started nagging me on the back of my bike (I was doing her a favour and this is how I'm treated?), so I rammed the bike full speed into a barrier.

Hard to not come across them playing through the game once.

There was another one, a little weirdo mentalist. You have to drop him off at the ferry station and a couple of other things I totally have forgotten about. He is the guy described on one of the radio stations as an unknown serial killer. There you go a fact :cool:

Oh as for the bit in bold :pac::pac::pac:

I did a few missions for cleaned-up junkie first time through, but only got the 100 bucks off him this time, haven't seen him since.

There's a guy who has some ... issues .. with his wife too.

Yeah, junkie nag was a bit annoying. I like your solution. :)

I managed to accidentally kill Kate on a date.
    Decided to bring her on a helicopter ride, but there weren't any choppers there. So I phoned up Brucie to bring me one, and logically instead of bringing it to the helipad I was standing on he landed on top of a building 2 blocks away. Got there, went through the flashing yellow thingy and emerged on the roof, but Kate didn't follow. Went back down to look for her. Came out on ground level, heard her talking, then a squeal of brakes, and she was lying flattened in the road.
    Just got a message saying Kate is dead, but game continued - not sure how her brothers would have reacted if I played on, but I quit and restarted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

if you kill Playboy-X you get to keep his fancy apartment for yourself. If you kill Dwayne you get $250,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

The best moments in GTA 4 are atmospheric ones that occur at random. Just great smile-inducing moments. To be fair, they aren't as frequent as in previous GTAs.

-4 Star police chase, car goes on fire - desperate choice of stealing an airport forklift/mini-car thing (can't quite remember) and Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way on Liberty Rock Radio as I "speed" away on said vehicle.

-Most missions involving the McCrearys.

-Rain, at night. Looks great in the game, takes the game to another level there. Especially if you have 1979 or Flashing Lights on at the same time.

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    I did a few missions for cleaned-up junkie first time through, but only got the 100 bucks off him this time, haven't seen him since.

There's a guy who has some ... issues .. with his wife too.

Yeah, junkie nag was a bit annoying. I like your solution. :)

I managed to accidentally kill Kate on a date.
    Decided to bring her on a helicopter ride, but there weren't any choppers there. So I phoned up Brucie to bring me one, and logically instead of bringing it to the helipad I was standing on he landed on top of a building 2 blocks away. Got there, went through the flashing yellow thingy and emerged on the roof, but Kate didn't follow. Went back down to look for her. Came out on ground level, heard her talking, then a squeal of brakes, and she was lying flattened in the road.
    Just got a message saying Kate is dead, but game continued - not sure how her brothers would have reacted if I played on, but I quit and restarted.

If only you filmed and posted that on Youtube, say it was quite a comical scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I killed Dwayne, and Playboy X rang me aftwerwards and was a complete dick about it, even though he told me to do it in the first place!

yeah playboy is a dick anyway. I killed dwayne the second time, was pretty easy too! Killed playboy the first time round though

Anyone met the psycho guy! Man he is fooked up in the head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The first time i popped tyres from doing a burnout i thought it was class.

in stats its says "homeless people fed" just wondering how does one feed a homeless dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

maybe full of bullets??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

seanybiker wrote: »
    The first time i popped tyres from doing a burnout i thought it was class.

in stats its says "homeless people fed" just wondering how does one feed a homeless dude
    :O

I was wondering if you could do that from excessive burnouts! How long does it take? I've sat at green lights in bikes and cars with smoke billowing out from the rear tires but none burst :(

No idea how to feed/give money to homeless...'e'/'f' doesnt do anything and when I lock onto them I end up just beating them senseless with a baseball bat.

Great moments?

First time playing and watching Niko break into a car.

Having him smash a window as he's driving to fire the uzi

The first time I did a hit and run and the body stayed on the bonnet until I stopped then it flew off all rag-dolly before I ran it over.

Hitting a barrier at full pelt only to find niko flying thru the windscreen.

Actually, I was trying a unique stunt last night on the nrg900; I had to go thru 2 ****ing intersections teeming with cars but I hit the ramp at an angle and the bike flew thru the air sideways, hit the top of the traffic lights and Niko went flying thru the air, lamped off the ground before bouncing into some scaffolding.

I died. Shoulda saved it tho.

If only you filmed and posted that on Youtube, say it was quite a comical scene.

Yeah, wish I'd though of it a the time. Was more confused, wondering what had happened.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    The first time I met Frankie McCreary on the pier there was a guy standing near the tables, got a 'press E to feed' message, so I did. I think. Might have been 'press E to give money', but I think it was feed.

kaimera wrote: »
    :O

I was wondering if you could do that from excessive burnouts! How long does it take? I've sat at green lights in bikes and cars with smoke billowing out from the rear tires but none burst :(

Actually, I was trying a unique stunt last night on the nrg900; I had to go thru 2 ****ing intersections teeming with cars but I hit the ramp at an angle and the bike flew thru the air sideways, hit the top of the traffic lights and Niko went flying thru the air, lamped off the ground before bouncing into some scaffolding.

I've had a few tires pop without realising why. Was running from the cops last night and noticed my reaer right tyre was on fire. Though the car was going to blow, but then the tyre popped. Taxis actually handle pretty well on rims.

Was speeding mid-mission over the bridge from Schottler to Bohan (I think - that L shaped one between the islands your 1st two safehouses are on). Had no armour, about 60% health. Just as I reached the sharp right bend, ran into the back of the car in front, went through the windscreen. Hit the ground. Health dropped. Skidded along ground. Health dropped some more. Hit the central reservation pretty hard, flew about 10 feet into the air, hit the ground hard on the far side. Health pretty low now, getting worried.
    Skidded across far side of road, through the gap in the barrier, and fell 30 feet to my death.
    Bit annoyed at having to restart mission, but laughing too much to care.

yeah playboy is a dick anyway. I killed dwayne the second time, was pretty easy too! Killed playboy the first time round though

Anyone met the psycho guy! Man he is fooked up in the head!

Yeah I mentioned that in my post. Right freak he was, provided some great lines though. Found out he is the guy mentioned on the radio as a psycho killer on the run. He's on the 3rd Island where the car sale garage place is, directly across from that incase some of you didn't know.

I'm a bit worried. I just did the Flatline mission for Jimmy Pegorino last night. He told me I was killing an informant. But then I got up this morning and read this. I don't want the Colombians after me! Damn you, Jimmy P!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Skate Parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JohnnyIrvine666

You know what they should of put in GTAIV? A prison breakout mission say if your breaking out Packie's brother I forget his name..... but that would have been mint can't wait to play Lost And The Damned AND NO USEABLE PLANES NOT EVEN A DODO!!! That ticked me off......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There is a prison break mission in the lost and damned
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

From open world gameplay - my first time trying to fly a chopper, I flew straight into a building and she started going down in flames... I thought it was a good idea to bail out while the chopper was upside down, but in hindsight it might not have been such a hot idea... Niko sushi:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

its a good game but not as good as san andreas but packie mcreary is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

its a good game but not as good as san andreas but packie mcreary is a legend.
    Why is Packie a legend? I suppose it's because he's "Irish", is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Lost and the Damned on the back of the bike when the petrol station explodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

When he talks to Darko Brevache

Advertisement