Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD audio problem

• 23-12-2008 2:31pm

So I'm at home. Trying to hook up my xbox 360 to our HD widescreen tv. Only there's no audio.

I'll tell you the settings now;

The reb, blue and green cables of the HD-component cable are plugged into the back of the tv, and the red and white cables are plugged in too (as per the instructions on the microsoft website).

The display is set to 1080p widescreen and the audio is set to Dolby Digital with WMA Pro.

It's a Philips cenios.

Any idea on how to get audio working? Perhaps it has something to do with the multiple inputs as there's sound coming through from Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sound should only be set to stereo, thats all you can get with red/white cable.

But more likely the problem is that the red & white audio in aren't plugged into the right slot. Each component (red/blue/green) input should have an audio in (red/white) associated with it.

I checked and it seems that there's only one red/white input at the back. There's one on the side too.

I changed the audio setting to Stereo and have the red/white cables plugged into the side of the tv, with the red/blue/green plugged in the back, and yet still no sound coming through. Under the red/blue/green slots there's a single audio plug under that, should I put anything in there or leave it as it is?

Ok. I've everything plugged in correctly in the right places. The audio is set to Digital Stereo, the yellow cable isn't connected, the red/white is connected in the side and red/blue/green is connected in the back. But there's still no god damned sound coming off of the TV whatsoever. Gah.

What am I supposed to do?? I really want to get this working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Plugging in the audio to the side of the tv doesn't sound right, it may be a different input.

Are there no audio inputs beside the composite input? Sounds like the audio is on the wrong input.

Is this the back of your TV?

47PFL9632D_10-COP-global-001?wid=566&hei=165&$jpglarge$

Looks like the the audio socket is different on that input.

• Advertisement

I'll attach photos as they'll probably explain better.

Apologies for crappy camera.

DSC00238.jpg

These are the slots on the side of the tv- the red/white/yellow.

DSC00237.jpg

This is the red/white slot somewhat below the red/blue/green slots.

DSC00236.jpg

and then this is the red/blue/green slots.
    BNC wrote: »
    Plugging in the audio to the side of the tv doesn't sound right, it may be a different input.

Are there no audio inputs beside the composite input? Sounds like the audio is on the wrong input.

Is this the back of your TV?

Looks like the the audio socket is different on that input.

yes, that's whats on the back, do you think this means it wont work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

looks like you need to plug the audio cable via that headphone size port.
    you may need an adaptor.

you will also need to set the audio to stereo only

I reckon your out of luck by the looks of things.

The audio on the side is a different input to the video input. Stick an audio cd in the drive and play it. Does the sound come out if you switch through the inputs?

You could get one of these to connect to the end of your xbox audio cable and plug into the input your using for the component connection.

l40ba.jpg

Alternatively if you have a stereo or an amp you could plug the audio into that.

Hm, we have a dvd player hooked up to the tv with speakers. Would it be possible to have the red/white connected to a scart and hooked up to the DVD player ..

If the DVD player has an audio input on it you should be able to plug into that. Whats the model DVD player you have?

• Advertisement

panasonic sa-ht530

Just checked the manual there. Plug your xbox audio connections into the "AUX" input on your dvd player. Then choose the aux input on the DVD player for audio.

Just noticed you may not have an AUX on that model. If not then use one of the others TV/VCR. and choose that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

fair play to you, was trying to download there to check for the OP but it was going very slowly

ah no problem, slow day in work!

Thanks a million for yer help! We got it figured out. Not sure why I didn't think of hooking it up to the DVD player and using that sound system instead. Probably has a better sound too, as its surround sound.

Advertisement