Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite broadband for gaming....

• 23-12-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Just read this over on the NBB website...

http://www.nbb.ie/satbb.php
    Satellite broadband is no good for gaming - WRONG
    The most played game online is poker and poker can most definitely be played over a satellite connection as can roulette, chess, golf, football, tennis etc. The one type of game which is not suitable to be played over satellite and which thankfully has a minority following is the “bang bang” type of violent assault game where you have to shoot the other guy before he shoots you or wipe out his army or his Country before he wipes out yours.

Nearly spilt my coffee laughing with the bit highlighted in bold!!

So "Bang Bang" games have a minority following, must send a note to all the games developers! lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

brilliant, sure we cant do it so no one really plays it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Would love to meet the person that wrote that. Atleast see a picture of him/her.. :rolleyes:

I would guess man cause of the poker reference then woman because of the reference to the "Bang Bang" games.. Either way they don't have a clue ha.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

YourAnIdiot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

the writer of the article is dead right. There are 6 billion people in the world with only 10 million of them xbox live subscribers. That is an extremely low percentage of bang bang gamers. We really have to find a new hobby as this one clearly has not enough followers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Thats a classic quote alright, just looking through some of my games (about 20 I can see from where I am sitting) ............... and not one of them is NOT a 'bang bang' game :D

Advertisement