Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shocking 2008 Remixes

• 23-12-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Another thing this year will be remembered for (or should that be forget) is the absolutely dreadful remixes of classic tunes from yesteryear, i could count on 1 hand the amount of half decent remixes, the rest are truly awful,ive just heard this and it's one of the worst http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dnesKj5Mzac cringeworthy, the original is a classic and should've been left alone.
    im only amazed people are still using the same sounding electro house beat and getting away with it but then again there's obviously still a market for it out there with the kids.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

god sake,johnny give it a rest mate.noone cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"Orbital - chime"
    Shocking stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ad nauseum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Aye, why focus on the bad stuff and share it with us if you dislike it so much. Just ignore it and leave us to listen to what remixes we like and don't like. kthx ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

what's amazing is, complaining about how there's no good remixes of old classic tracks this year.

It's akin to saying- there were no crap movies that were great this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jello wrote: »
    Aye, why focus on the bad stuff and share it with us if you dislike it so much. Just ignore it and leave us to listen to what remixes we like and don't like. kthx ;)

because it's making a mockery of classic tunes and these idiots responsible should stop these remixes.

tman wrote: »
    "Orbital - chime"
    Shocking stuff!

do you seriously think this all time classic from Orbital is "shocking stuff" :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

jonny68 wrote: »
    do you seriously think this all time classic from Orbital is "shocking stuff" :eek::eek:

Think he means that the Remix of Chime is shocking jonny.

The original is superb as we all know.

Ddisco wrote: »

well he did say orbital instead of the Shapeshifters!!

Funnily enough most old skoolers ive spoken to think they done a great job on that remix and i also love it so that's enough for me.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Kryx

Another thing this year will be remembered for (or should that be forget) is the absolutely dreadful remixes of classic tunes from yesteryear, i could count on 1 hand the amount of half decent remixes, the rest are truly awful,ive just heard this and it's one of the worst http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dnesKj5Mzac cringeworthy, the original is a classic and should've been left alone.
    im only amazed people are still using the same sounding electro house beat and getting away with it but then again there's obviously still a market for it out there with the kids.

You're right its aweful, they have just stopped trying! That could have been remixed by a computer program!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

because it's making a mockery of classic tunes and these idiots responsible should stop these remixes.

Theres a reason its called the music "business" ... anything that sells will sell - FACT.

Yes it sickens me sometimes to hear butchering of classic tunes (e.g. infinity 2008 makes me utterly sick!), I doubt any of the current clubbers were around in '89 to taste the original though.

I'd be happy as hell if i came up with one of these crap mixes and made a packet on it (ok so i wouldn't use my own name on it).

If its selling "someone" likes it, and to be fair the people buying / listening probably cant remember the original anyhow.

God knows I played enough tunes (considered club classics) and my mom would turn around and say ... "oh is that such and such, that was out in the 70's" to my very confused teenage face haha.

So how many times has unchained melody been re-released now ?,its same thing as a remix, new generations need new versions of tracks (not just dance) by artists they know, and screw the originals, money is money.

Take some joy in the royalties being paid to the original (now aging) artists for talent that we admire so much and let them retire in peace, in this financial "crisis" their pensions will be worth bugger all now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

deevey wrote: »
    ... anything that sells will sell - FACT.

profound:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ddisco wrote: »

Aye, I meant the Shape****ters remix of course... The thread title "Shocking 2008 Remixes" after all.
    Don't actually think it's that bad, I'm just pissed off that the version I bought off djdownload was a mixed copy, was too lazy to complain and get my money back...
    Plus, winding Jonny up is always fun and I knew it was a fave of his:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Have to agree with this one,2008 was dominated by crap remixes of once classsic tunes,f*cked around with,and ruined forever,but that seems the way accross the board,films,clothes,seems this decades legacy will be it had no identidy of its own and just copied and ripped off past cultures trends and styles,I think it just shows the tunes of today are extremely lacking in comparison to the old tunes and will in my opinion never have the same buzz

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Have to agree with this one,2008 was dominated by crap remixes of once classsic tunes,f*cked around with,and ruined forever,but that seems the way accross the board,films,clothes,seems this decades legacy will be it had no identidy of its own and just copied and ripped off past cultures trends and styles,I think it just shows the tunes of today are extremely lacking in comparison to the old tunes and will in my opinion never have the same buzz

as painful as it might sound to younger clubbers but this is true,sure your only 23 as well Ro (as far as i recall you saying)so it's not only older people myself like me saying stuff like this,although there are still good tunes to be got.

ANYWAY have a good NYE everyone,im in England at the moment in Leeds and am off to Birmingham tomorrow for Fantazia, cant bleedin wait, then off to the End on Friday for class of 88, so cheap over here for gargle especially in the off licence it's unreal!!

:cool:

Too right,I was born in the wrong decade,I just cant understand music nowadays and the scene that goes with it,it has no appeal to me at all,like at mo Im hearing that song on the radio,'doctor,doctor Im a doctor',what the **** is that,like they had crap music back in the early 90's,but it was fun crap,key the secret,free from desire etc,but music today is just bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Its "bad" to you because when your not listening to your oldskool your listening to commercial rubbish. You heard a **** song on the radio, stop listening to **** songs perhaps? Do a bit of digging before moaning about everything. If people want to live in the past fair enough, but for the love of god give it a rest with the it will never be the same again rubbish.

I just cant understand music nowadays and the scene that goes with it

You do know that there are thousands of different types of music and scenes? Maybe if you opened your mind a bit and TRIED to embrace the now you might find something. If your completely unwilling to even try then why is your opinion on todays clubbing even relevant?

Davei141 wrote: »
    Its "bad" to you because when your not listening to your oldskool your listening to commercial rubbish. You heard a **** song on the radio, stop listening to **** songs perhaps? Do a bit of digging before moaning about everything. If people want to live in the past fair enough, but for the love of god give it a rest with the it will never be the same again rubbish.

You do know that there are thousands of different types of music and scenes? Maybe if you opened your mind a bit and TRIED to embrace the now you might find something. If your completely unwilling to even try then why is your opinion on todays clubbing even relevant?
    glad someone else said it for me.

Im not a complete grouch,not saying I dislike everything automatically because its new,there are new tunes(dance music) coming out that are cracking,and its a positive sign,because lets face it,we were exposed to pure sh*te since the late 90's,
    But it can and will never be able to be compared to scene heyday of the early nineties,there was a movement back then and a huge buzz about it,now theres something empty about it and cold,think dance music should go back underground

same can be said for any genre.im pretty sure rock and roll was underground when it first came about.its not going to go back underground nor is dance.
    whats wrong with more people being exposed to dance music.and from what i remember i was listening to ultra sonic,ultimate buzz,qfx etc 10 years ago.equally cringeworthy like the stuff you listed.
    id say there on par with the **** thats coming out these days.problem is i was 16 back then much like the audience that listens to the **** dance music these days.
    saying itll never be like it was is stating the obvious,so what good is moaning but it going to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

well he did say orbital instead of the Shapeshifters!!

Funnily enough most old skoolers ive spoken to think they done a great job on that remix and i also love it so that's enough for me.;)
    its a cracking remix,the kept everything that was brilliant about the original and cleaned it up with some nice chunk perc's

re-edits are usually a sin but this was perfect,10/10

Advertisement