Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy needs to get Girl a present!

Options
  • 23-12-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Ok so here's the story in short.

Boy meets girl in college, boy likes girl, boy is going to girl's 21st soon and wants to get her a small present (€20 budget I'm flat broke) instead of just giving cash. But boy is hopeless when it comes to presents!

Any suggestions for boy?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

You see with most girlies its the thought put into the gift more than the cost of the gift that is important.

Even for twenty euro you could get something that she actually likes. You could get a small gift bag - as cheep as you can - and fill it with some nice little things. Like say those fluffy socks you can get in dunnes, they are 3 euro. Small bath soaps, perhaps a chick lit book (6 euro in tesco) some chocolate bars and maybe a half or mini bottle of wine?

Of course it works best if you can hit the stuff she really likes - and for that you have no option but to think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Pick a nice card, but it's what you write in the card that will make it special.
    Make it personal. As for present, maybe something original, funny or quirky?

Post doesn't say if girl likes boy ;) so you want your present to stand out in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Aha - you have sales coming up!!!

Why not go to Next at 5 am Stephens Day for the Next Sale or queue up at Clerys or the like for the opening bargains at the jewlery or accessories counters.

Its recession busting and you cant go wrong with a beanie, scarf (and gloves) in a hideous colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

perhaps a chick lit book (6 euro in tesco)

Of course it works best if you can hit the stuff she really likes - and for that you have no option but to think!

Pardon my ignorance but what's a 'chick lit book':confused:

& as for the thinking I'm not too fond of that, i think its where i go wrong when buying pressies! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

dceire wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but what's a 'chick lit book':confused:

& as for the thinking I'm not too fond of that, i think its where i go wrong when buying pressies! :D

a Chick lit book is something that modern girls love.

Andy McNab is a favourite Chick writer- anything by him will show you care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement