Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re Fallout 3 ending

• 23-12-2008 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Am I the only person appalled by the ending of Fallout 3?? The main quest was a lot shorter than I thought, the end with the Project Purity thing blowing up is just awful and the fact you cant keep on playing after it is crap!:mad:
    I know karma etc affects the ending but still... :eek:

(I know the little matter of nuking an entire town out of existence might have made me a tad very evil) :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Am I the only person appalled by the ending of Fallout 3?? The main quest was a lot shorter than I thought, the end with the Project Purity thing blowing up is just awful and the fact you cant keep on playing after it is crap!:mad:
    I know karma etc affects the ending but still... :eek:

(I know the little matter of nuking an entire town out of existence might have made me a tad very evil) :o

Spoiler tags my friend, you basically ruined the end of the game for me ;)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Dude if i hadnt finished it i would be pissed at you....

use spoiler tags !!!!!!!
    theres loads of variants of the ending and also it only blows up if you chose not to do anything at all , you can either stop the explosion-let it blow-save it or save it and add the fev virus. Also the game isent realy completed untill you get to level 20 and even then you havent seen everything / used all the perks unlocked all the doors found all the secrets or even played the 3 dlc episodes that are being released next year. Go back to the an earlier saved slot and play through to level 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The Broken Steel DLC coming in March (rumoured release) continues after the main quest ends, and increases level cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Have to to admit the games ending sucked which would make me not pick it as game of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Am I the only person appalled by the ending of Fallout 3??

ive never understood why people get worked up about the endings of games...

yes most of them are rubbish

but the faf is that its the playing of the game thats the enjoyable bit, thats what you pay your money for

Helix wrote: »
    ive never understood why people get worked up about the endings of games...

yes most of them are rubbish

but the faf is that its the playing of the game thats the enjoyable bit, thats what you pay your money for

Same reason as if the end of a film is crap or the end of a book:o

books and movies are completely different because theyre not interactive experiences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

yes but you expect them to have a good beginning,middle and an end. It doesnt matter if a book or film is good in the middle,the plot still has to end well otherwise the middle is pointless. A good ending makes the film,a good middle doesnt.

a good ending doesnt have an affect on the playing of the game tho, because the ending comes when youve finished playing it, and therefore after the ending of your involvment in it

the act of playing the game is why you buy games, the ending doesnt fall under playing

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    a good ending doesnt have an affect on the playing of the game tho, because the ending comes when youve finished playing it, and therefore after the ending of your involvment in it

the act of playing the game is why you buy games, the ending doesnt fall under playing

Yes, but in an interactive game you're playing through a story, so naturally you want that ending to be a good one! You might have had fun playing the game but ultimately you will be left underwhelmed.

Different strokes for different folks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I think people are to focused on the end sequence but if you look at the last hour of the the game as the climax then you have to admit the
    liberty prime ,brotherhood of steel attack
    is the real ending of the game and the end cinematic is just a epilogue to the story,i mean i dont know what else they could have done ?

They couldnt have thrown in a random pre rendered cut scene when there was none in the game up to that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Yes, but in an interactive game you're playing through a story, so naturally you want that ending to be a good one! You might have had fun playing the game but ultimately you will be left underwhelmed.

Different strokes for different folks though.

yeah I totally agree...

And ver sorry for not using a spoiler tag, I'm only a newbie! :o

Lesson learned tho :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agree with you there Rain that was a kick ass sequence!!!!

there are variations on the ending but you can basically get a most of them right there at the end if you reload it. And then check you tube for the others ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I wasn't overjoyed with the ending, but mainly cause I wasn't done playing!

I've completed Oblivion getting 1,000 gamer points twice, and both times was about 100 game hours.
    Fallout only gave me 30.

Still a great game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

What's the best way of going back and doing the quests you missed once the game has ended?

I finished the game at level 11 missing out on a fair few missons.

I know there's a lot of extra stuff I missed out on by the amount of achievments that are left (not talking about the type of achievements that don't add anything to the game like "Killed 300 people" or "Killed 300 creatures")

Haven't done any of the below quests which I'd like to now that I've finished. I've a couple of saved points before the end quest that I can load but unsure what to do from there casue it was all leading to the end mission.

"Big Trouble in Big Town"
    "The Superhuman Gambit"
    "The Wasteland Survival Guide"
    "Those!"
    "Head of State"
    "Blood Ties"
    "The Power of the Atom"
    "Tenpenny Tower"
    "Strictly Business"
    "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head"
    "Stealing Independence"
    Completed "Trouble on the Homefront"
    Completed "Agatha's Song"
    Completed "Reilly's Rangers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Great game, but still didn't have that quality value for money feel that Oblivion had. I was also bemused at the ending, so laughingly short in comparison to Oblivion.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Enjoyed the game but just really annoyed that you can't continue on after the main quest is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

keen wrote: »
    What's the best way of going back and doing the quests you missed once the game has ended?

I finished the game at level 11 missing out on a fair few missons.

I know there's a lot of extra stuff I missed out on by the amount of achievments that are left (not talking about the type of achievements that don't add anything to the game like "Killed 300 people" or "Killed 300 creatures")

Haven't done any of the below quests which I'd like to now that I've finished. I've a couple of saved points before the end quest that I can load but unsure what to do from there casue it was all leading to the end mission.

"Big Trouble in Big Town"
    "The Superhuman Gambit"
    "The Wasteland Survival Guide"
    "Those!"
    "Head of State"
    "Blood Ties"
    "The Power of the Atom"
    "Tenpenny Tower"
    "Strictly Business"
    "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head"
    "Stealing Independence"
    Completed "Trouble on the Homefront"
    Completed "Agatha's Song"
    Completed "Reilly's Rangers"

Why not play through it again with those missions in mind and make different choices along the way to keep it interesting, like what to do with megaton and the bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

That's what I plan to do.

I wouldn't say I was appalled by the ending. It was a little anti-climatic but I've high hopes for the third DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Great game, but still didn't have that quality value for money feel that Oblivion had. I was also bemused at the ending, so laughingly short in comparison to Oblivion.:(

Are you kidding me? The game is massive im still finding new things that I didnt discover on the first time through. I bought oblivion as well and got bored after an hour in the woods. Fallout 3 keeps you going throughout

Also OP serious mistake not using the spoiler tags you could/have ruined the game for some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Also OP serious mistake not using the spoiler tags you could/have ruined the game for some people

Yup tried editing it there but I can't, must have been too long ago I posted it. Honestly tho I don't think it would 'ruin' the game for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

dazftw wrote: »
    Spoiler tags my friend, you basically ruined the end of the game for me ;)

The title of the thread kinda...maaaaaaybe was a hint it was about the ending and therefore would be spoilers..your own fault for reading:)

But anyways yea its a pretty bad ending...big letdown...but the game itself was so good overall that i dont mind too much :)

Advertisement