Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Vista cd

• 23-12-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick one :) How do I get an install cd off dell for vista? Got an inspiron there last March and need to reinstall vista on it now, but there's no sign of a reinstall cd/dvd.. can I give them a ring and get them to post out a replacement copy? Anyone got any experience with this?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭DenMan

Where the installation files not already on your machine? While not with Dell (with Advent) I bought a laptop over the summer and when first booted there was a message asking me to back up files that would be needed for later. These were both the Windows Vista Operating System and all the Drivers. All the files were burnt to two DVD's. If your machine came with the Operating System installed and no CD's they give you the chance to make a copy in case your system collapses.

I'm trying to give you some advice here OP, but that's why I stay away from Dell. The only thing I can suggest is contact their support team to send out an engineer with all the necessary files and get you back up and running. Have you model number and make at the ready and hopefully they can help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I can't remember what was installed on the machine when it came, it was formatted and another os was put on it on the day it arrived :)

I guess I'll give dell support a buzz and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Some Dell PC's have a hidden partition with the recovery files, you can access it by pressing Ctrl+F11

What can also happen is that if you install some updates it might not work by pressing Ctrl+F11, in that case you need to run some files to reenable that feature. I think it was call something like DSR restore. Check google.

On the bargain alerts they have a link to get a free Expert-exchange account. very handy for lots of tech questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

just got dell recently - i did get the purple reinstallation CD.
    same one ive gotten with ever dell for the past 5/10 years :)

Advertisement