Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearm Certificate in rented accommodation

Options
  • 23-12-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

sorry i dont know how this works.can you get a gun license when you live in a rented house?i have hald a license befor but i was talking to the garda today and he said that he didnt think i would get it! not when im renting.is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Errr...No,not true! speaking from the landlords POV and somone who has rented.The Gardai will more than likely ask your landlord,if they have a problem with one of their tenants having a firearm on their premises,or ask for written proof from you on you asking them for them.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

If the landlord approves and also allows you to make any modifications to the house (like bolting a safe to a wall and/or floor) then I don't see what the problem would be.

Perhaps the Garda is worried about someone else who isn't licensed having access to where the firearm is stored. Not that that's necessarily a sensible objection given the number of spouses/other halves/children/parents who have access to houses with firearms around the country.

Either way, the Garda on the desk doesn't really have a say in the matter, so I'd say apply anyway and see what the Super says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dogmanjon

thanks lads ill get on to the landlord.i have a deposit on a luvly little cz .22 for the last 3months now and it starting to get to me!bunnys everywer and i cant knock them over!

Advertisement