Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page refreshing by itself :mad:

Options
  • 23-12-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Using Firefox 3.0.5. Windows XP 64bit.

Find on a number of occasion recently, that the page I'm writing a response on refreshes by itself. It's getting really bloody annoying. Happens when there are Google ads on the top left. Doesn't happen with any other ads.

When it refreshes, the box I was typing in is either totally blank, or has the quote which I quoted in it.

Anyone else effected by this. Bloody annoying when I've just written a long response. Oh, and as it's a page refresh, there's no "back" option :mad:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

the FF adblock add-on might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I get that anytime I try to enter the ALT+NUM14 Smbol for music, except that hits Back instead of Refresh. very annoying, didnt always do it, and I do have adblock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

mike65 wrote: »
    the FF adblock add-on might help.
    He said Jehovah!!! ban him!!1!!

In other news..., syco, you're subbed so just turn adds off and problem gone.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SteveC wrote: »
    He said Jehovah!!! ban him!!1!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just push the cat off the keyboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SteveC wrote: »
    In other news..., syco, you're subbed so just turn adds off and problem gone.
    Wow. A useful feature for subscribers! Didn't know they existed. Cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

the_syco wrote: »
    Wow. A useful feature for subscribers! Didn't know they existed.
    Apparently they do exist - though I've only ever seen one in real life. ;)

Advertisement