Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you splurge on?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i like the male stuff from lush

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

It shouldnt be difficult to guess where my money goes...

Fecking expensive hobbies grr...

Actually it keeps me fit and happy so its money well spent. Few things quiet the inside of a (wo)man like the outside of a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I collect certain things that occasionally cost considerable sums. I also love books and cd's, Gina shoes, Jo Malone candles, and little things from Victoria's Secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

I collect certain things that occasionally cost considerable sums. I also love books and cd's, Gina shoes, Jo Malone candles, and little things from Victoria's Secret.
    Qustion - do you buy jo malone candles for any other reason other than the designer name? I don't see any difference between any old nice candle and i nearly fainted when i saw the price of the smallest one in brown thomas... had to quickly think of an alternate present for my best friend !!

thermo66 wrote: »
    Qustion - do you buy jo malone candles for any other reason other than the designer name? I don't see any difference between any old nice candle and i nearly fainted when i saw the price of the smallest one in brown thomas... had to quickly think of an alternate present for my best friend !!

Designer names mean nothing to me. I buy them because I like them, and because the cheap ones smell like chemical cleaner. They also last a very very long time, and the cheaper ones are false economy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Never got chemical cleaner? I must have found a good cheap candle then as it smells fab, is lasting ages and is light on my pocket. Right on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Bags, bags and more bags....
    Then coats

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

OT...
    How do the jo malone candles compare to diptyque?

Actually with stuff like that I'd much prefer to have a few nice things rather than lots of mediocre things. So I've been buying a lot less recently but making sure that its something that I will use and will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Going for dinner instead of cooking!!
    Holidays/weekends away
    Cosmetics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

fits wrote: »
    Actually with stuff like that I'd much prefer to have a few nice things rather than lots of mediocre things. So I've been buying a lot less recently but making sure that its something that I will use and will last.

qft - better for the planet, and less clutter in your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ok i'll seriously answer this question.

photography equipment - lenses, film etc.

comics/art books/photography books.

overpriced utter crap, you know that stuff you see in urban outfitters.

computer games

dvds/blu-rays

cd's and vinyl, i have every single biffy clyro cd/vinyl there is to own, right from their first ep of 50 copies to their disasterous last album.

subscriptions to online sites - boards last.fm etc although my last.fm one has ran out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Alicia Angel

Spend a fortune on laser hair removal

fits wrote: »
    OT...
    How do the jo malone candles compare to diptyque?

I've only had the one Diptyque candle and it lasted really well, but I'm very taken with the Jasmine scented Jo Malone ones. Equally long lasting too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Underwear and shoes, I permanently have a list of both that I want!
    Also books, cosmetics, handbags and haircuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

getting my hair done..

oh and books, have banned myself from amazon recently coz i went through a phase there of buying alot! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

oh i forgot one thing i truly love to buy lots of.......

Dark Chocklet......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

oh i forgot one thing i truly love to buy lots of.......

Dark Chocklet......

Lindt 99% cocoa ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nouggatti wrote: »
    Lindt 99% cocoa ftw :D

im more a 75% me self tho 99 is a bit much but not to bad :) at times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Make up and shoes. Whenever I can afford to at least. I just love them so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Books, shoes, clothes, running gear and video games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Computer stuff (I impulse bought a new laptop today, that I cannot afford), DVD's, books, underwear and the token odd one....bedclothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I splurge on lots of things, like make up, clothes, bags, holidays, boys toys for the other half.
    If I want it, I'll buy it, and there's always enough money left for some beans on toast and a can of cider :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lovemypinkhat

I try not to spend ludicrous amounts of money on anything. Except maybe holidays and other "experiences" :D And maybe skincare and make up...it's worth spending a bit on them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Make up and clothes! And books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Shoes, make-up/cosmetics, and diving gear;)

Oh, and good brie!!!

Last week on a whim, I had a full set of top eyelash extensions and some permanent polish. I could start a hurricane when I blink, so I'm tempted to keep those up, and the french manicure is still perfect, and it usually only lasts a couple of days with me.

Well worth the expense when theres a lot of parties on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Went to Boots yesterday, bought a few sets of reduced christmas Clarins sets, told the assistant they were for a present so she made them into a hamper with lots of free samples included. Well it was a present - for me! :) Can't bring myself to open it yet, enjoying just looking at it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I'm not a splurger, but I've found that I live fairly tightly all year and then blow a grand or two on plane tickets and/or holidays. Makes me so happy . . .

I've also started to spend a bit more when it comes to moisturizer and skin care. I figure I'll be reaping the benefits of that for years to come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I spent about €40 on clothes this month and last month, about €50 the month before (over €30 of which was a much-needed new bra)... I bought myself my first book in months last week, I've bought three CDs in the past three months, my only DS games were gifts, I've been to the cinema about 6 times since I moved back to Dublin in March, I dye my own hair, I spread my christmas shopping over the last 5 months...

Shampoo. I love shampoo, not necessarily very expensive stuff, but John Frieda will miss me now that I've decided I like Toni and Guy better. Other than that, my loans eat money, which I don't earn that much of. I suppose my other big splurge would be tax and insurance for the car.

God help me, I'm boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Handbags.
    In the BT sale I went and got a juicy couture bag (I know, but I couldn't resist) and I had a voucher so all in all I only paid about 50euro. I'm very proud of myself.

Advertisement