Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you splurge on?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dresses and shoes.

My e-mail inbox is full of confirmations of orders.

But I clear the credit card every week and can afford what I buy so it's ok.

Despite the fact that I buy new dresses and shoes almost every day, I'm pretty sensible!

Oh, lingerie too, but that comes from working in a lingerie department and realising that Penneys just isn't good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I just did some serious splurging in the sales. No more than I could afford though.

Got a very nice handbag and a very nice dress for myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Plugs/ear jewellery, gadgets, technological and photography stuff, certain cosmetics like lush (though not so much of an expense since I found out how much cheaper it is to order online, plus it lasts forever), mac foundation and powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Junk food. Usually buy at least one bottle Diet Coke and bar chocolate a day and it adds up!

Also the cinema where i always splurge on more overpriced junk food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Hair products, Lush products, shoes and travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

graphic novels, art supplies, eating out and trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

for me it is def shoes and dvd's. (when your a poor student heaton's is the place to go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Handbags - you can never have enough and Jewellery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I'm a total snob when it comes to skincare products and make up....and I'm currently a poor student but I can't bring myself to use cheaper brands!

Having said that, I do most of my clothes shopping in pennys and books and cds are all bought in sales or online where they're cheaper.

Also spends lots on eating out and going out, but sure whats the point of all the make up and clothes if u never go anywhere! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

House stuff - and le creuset i want too!! (have resisted sofar)
    Yankee Candles
    Eating out
    Hair products
    Body lotions
    Food from M&S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Books usually but lush stuff is starting to come in a close second.
    Me too, i cant get enough of Lush oh and make up. I'm a bit better on the makeup front now but i went throught a 3 yr phase of spending at least 300 a month on makeup. I was nearly going to ask boots in Liffey Valley to bar me because of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My hair - I get it highlighted every three months. I don't spend a lot on clothes or shoes or anything, so I think it is ok to treat myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Kiera wrote: »
    Me too, i cant get enough of Lush oh and make up. I'm a bit better on the makeup front now but i went throught a 3 yr phase of spending at least 300 a month on makeup. I was nearly going to ask boots in Liffey Valley to bar me because of it.

300 a month? Holy Jaysus I'd love to see your collection!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

id splurge on underwear mostly:D... anykind comfy sexy or jus looks nice ...

make up... especially mac :)

handbags and purses... a girl can never have enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wexford Girl

Handbags, purses, jewellery and make up especially eyeshadow love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

and some permanent polish.

What is this and where did you get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Travel and food...my two favourite things. I buy lots of shoes too. :cool:

The other thing I love can't be bought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Shoes ... and more shoes. I love them. :o I spent a stupid amount of money on red jimmy choos, then yesterday I got an equally nice pair in pennys for a fiver:rolleyes: In fact, the pennies ones are probs nicer coz of the bargainyness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

Clothes, books, books, and more books. I'm such a nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

buy myslef something small every pay day ( no more then €100) go out for dinner twice a month and apart from day to day living i save most for travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ladyella wrote: »
    Shoes ... and more shoes. I love them. :o I spent a stupid amount of money on red jimmy choos, then yesterday I got an equally nice pair in pennys for a fiver:rolleyes: In fact, the pennies ones are probs nicer coz of the bargainyness!

This is exactly why I don't think I'll ever buy designer shoes or bags for that matter, I never find them that mind blowing compared to the things you can buy on the high street! And also lots of the times theres hardly any need to buy expensive high street stuff cos Penneys is getting better at ripping that stuff too! Penneys is the antidote to splurging although sometimes I'll spend 80€ in Penneys without even thinking cos individually stuff is so cheap!

When I get a job I fully intend to splurge majorly on clothes, gigs, holidays and a shiny DSLR camera! Buy lots of make up but rarely expensive stuff except for foundation (it's a necessity!), have an addiction to eyeshadow compacts too, can never have enough! Also tend to splurge on dresses, would never spend loads on plain things like jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shellz

I can't pass by a bead shop without buying a small fortune's worth inside - be it seed beads, findings, cords, pendants, anything. You'd think I'd have a lot more self-made jewellery than I do with all the beads I've got stored.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Holidays. Last year I was away a lot... probably more times in one year than maybe the last five years combined. Really enjoyed it though, dont know if I'll continue on that trend but its been the way of the last 12months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Eating out and clothes.

Advertisement