Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will we overthrow the government?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yeah good plan. Let's topple the government. That'll teach them. Then everything will be ok. I'm sure the country can run itself. Down with civilization as we know it.

Our government is getting blamed for our current economic downturn, and anyone who thinks this is basically a moron. I think they are doing a decent job. Books have to balance and they are doing what is neccesary to balance them as best as possible, which isn't easy when ya have every whinging bastid storming the dail for every cut or tax increase.

Wake up and look around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sleepy wrote: »
    165 bullets.

(I'm giving Michael D. a reprieve for generally being an okay guy)

He'd be one of the first in my line of fire tbh along with O'Cuiv and a few other dead weights, they're like charracters out of Wanderly Wagon ffs a total waste of tax payers money. As a matter of fact a lot of departments should be scrapped along with junior ministers, td's and all mini ministers etc. etc. we'd save million there for a start. Then get rid of all these spindoctors because, lets face it, they're doing nothing either only bleeding the state. I can't employ a spin doctor for my job and write it off against taxes. They signed up for a job, if they're incapable of doing it without half a dozen spindoctors hanging off them then they should be fired and replaced with someone who can do their job properly, God knows they're getting paid way more than they should be. This country is like a dog infested with fleas, they're so many greedy b**tards trying to suck the life out of it and the genuine workers paying for it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Hypothetically one could call for a general strike, though that would be legally questionable.
    If only there was an alternative :eek:
    If you dislike the government enough, there's always an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Q2002 wrote: »
    Our government is getting blamed for our current economic downturn, and anyone who thinks this is basically a moron. I think they are doing a decent job.
    Actually Bertie's decade of indulging the civil service, permitting government and private borrowing to spiral out of all reasonable proportion, ignoring climate change, and permitting the economy/finances to become so construction/property-dependent, all this is indeed to blame for the severity of the world recession on Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is Bertie in the current government?? The current governement are trying to implement changes to maximize our regrowth after the recession. If they had our support instead of us fighting every decision they make they might be more effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

We could all put on some yellow tshirts and take over Dublin airport and Shannon. It worked for the Thais :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

I reckon if we ignore them, they'll just go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Start with roasting Harney on a spit. Feed her to the homeless and those in real poverty, there's plenty to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

How will we overthrow the government?

Bloodless coup.

All smotherings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Mortars would be good.

Lots of mortars.

For no apparent reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Q2002 wrote: »
    Is Bertie in the current government?? The current governement are trying to implement changes to maximize our regrowth after the recession. If they had our support instead of us fighting every decision they make they might be more effective.

Insulate your attic and it will all go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

We should get these lads in to run the country, they would be a huge improvement on the current incumbents...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

How do we overthrow the governement?

Down tools and keep them down till they resign.
    Will it ever happen? No for a number of reasons - so we're screwed and stuck till the next official election, with the miserable, horrible, twats, moronic fools, gob****es, lard arses, hypocrites and liars until the next term

- and guess what, the stupid herded sheep of this country will try to elect them again.

We're fooked!

Blunt but in a nutshell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Musical terrorism, we just play Anthrax and Pantera at 1 billion decibels into the dail until they all self combust.

That'll teach em. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

Make an announcement in the Dáil that there's a BBQ for TDs being held on Merrion Square at the taxpayer's expense. When they all leave to stuff their faces with mmmm taxpayer food, sneak inside.

The best way to overthrow the Government is to vote them out. It's a near certainty at the next election anyway. We don't have a tradition of street protest in this country and anytime any genuine street protest is organised it is sneered at and lied about in almost all of the media.

Advertisement