Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Omnibus question

Options
  • 23-12-2008 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Filling in my CAO and I've a question for you wise UCDians.

There is a course for a BA in international Spanish (DN059) which lasts 4 years.
    But apparently you can get a BA in Spanish and another subject (eg Latin) in 3 years through the Arts omnibus course (DN012)!

Am I missing something here or is it actually possible to get a "better" degree in shorter time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭McNuggy

As far as im aware.. both BA international with Spanish and the BA (dn012) both cover the same course... same content .. learning spanish language and spanish literature..and in both DN059 and DN012 you take another subject along with spanish ... only difference between the two is that in 3rd year of BA international you spend it abroad in a spanish university or a spanish speaking country. same degree just an extra year !!!

hope that helped and wasnt too jumbled !!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Quite sure McNuggy is right - it's a 4 year course because you spend an extra year studying abroad (which I assume would be great for your language skills).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

I'm nearly sure in the omnibus spanish (DN012) you can spend a year abroad too. Maybe the difference is in DN012 the year abroad is optional whereas in DN059 its compulsory?

Anyway it looks like a cock-up by the course organisers to me. Same degree for less work?!

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

In the Arts Omnibus course I think you'll have to apply to go for a year away, and then hopefully get selected. Whereas in the other course you're guaranteed that year abroad.

Good luck with your cao

Advertisement