Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretching tatoos?

• 23-12-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Right, basically i have been in love with tatoos since i was 7 or 8 and have being considering gettin one for the last 2 years. My only fear is that i am 18 and my body has yet to fill out fully yet (hopefully!)

So is it worth gettin a tattoo now or will it just stretch as my body grows more and if so how significant will the stretchin be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I got 2 of mine at 18 and I've lost alot of weight and bulked up muscle instead of fat and mine look the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I got one on the side of my stomach and have become a tub of goo and parts of mine have mishapen somewhat.

depends on the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

I got 2 of mine at 18 and I've lost alot of weight and bulked up muscle instead of fat and mine look the same

Sweet! Thanks! Thats exactly what i intend to do too. Bulk up in the next 6months. Good to hear the tat wont be effected:cool:

Will wrote: »
    I got one on the side of my stomach and have become a tub of goocuddly teddy bear and parts of mine have mishapen somewhat.

depends on the area
    I can vouch for that

Will wrote: »
    I got one on the side of my stomach and have become a tub of goo and parts of mine have mishapen somewhat.

depends on the area

Cool. One on my calf and shoulder are definites but was considering on the side of my stomach. Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I was in good condition when i got the tattoo, was playing american football so was quite lean but that was 2 years ago haha

j2hig wrote: »
    Cool. One on my calf and shoulder are definites but was considering on the side of my stomach. Thanks for the advice
    Calf muscle is very hard to lose once its built so that shouldn be a problem, shoulders...dont really get fat/massive unless your into body building. Stomach is where wills awesome tatt is

Ha! Only recently gave up my sport so will need to lift sumthing soon or ill be "a tub of goo" in no time. Damn stout!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I take it ur a guy, if u were female i would recommend u wait till after u have had kids cause ur body will stretch everywhere and then hopefully shrink back down and the tat could look crap after it, i waited till after i had my kids cause i seen how a mate looked, she looked like a printed balloon that had been blown to full capasity and then the air let out, the tat looked crap......

Every body is different, same as every person is different

good luck with the inking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    every person is different

I'm not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement