Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cope christmas swim

Options
  • 23-12-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey,All

Was just wondering anyone doing the swim in blackrock on Christmas day ??
    I registered but was wondering about the t-shirt do you receive it on the day or in the post.

Ps. Ya know the way its between 10-1 how is the world record attempt being done anyone know the specifics.

See you there
    Should be fun .....:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Won't be doing it this year as I've a durty chest infection:( I've done it for about the last seven or eight years. It's brilliant craic. There's always a massive crowd and a great atmosphere there. This year it's low tide so it's that bit more difficult to get into the water (especially if your a guy!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭swimgal08

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Won't be doing it this year as I've a durty chest infection:( I've done it for about the last seven or eight years. It's brilliant craic. There's always a massive crowd and a great atmosphere there. This year it's low tide so it's that bit more difficult to get into the water (especially if your a guy!).

ohh i can fell the cold .....eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm doin it - Do it every year for the craic but decided to raise a few quid this year (Sure why not?!)

The record is dependant on the amount of people that register via paper - ie. the amount of people that actually send back the physical paper registration form to COPE Galway - Email registration is no good!

God knows when you'll get the t-shirt - Thank feck all my donations are online, means I don't have to handle money etc - way less hassle!

The BAD news?? The tide will be out this XMas morning :( I'm raging (can't just jump off the top) but sure what can ya do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I rang the cope office, You don't need to have registered... you can do it on the day, they'll have tables set up. So just turn up with your togs under your oxter. The young fellas' doing it this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Greaney wrote: »
    I rang the cope office, You don't need to have registered... you can do it on the day, they'll have tables set up. So just turn up with your togs under your oxter. The young fellas' doing it this year...

Good to know you can register on the day, makes sense really!

• Advertisement
Advertisement