Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Goodnight Kiss

Options
  • 23-12-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just looking for a female perspective on this...your first date with a new guy has gone well, (you both get public transport/ taxi) and the guy walks you home to your house, you're both outside your house, and the time has come to say goodnight...

....would you prefer a bit of a snog? or if he kissed you on the cheek?..

...i think this moment for a guy/ or the girl, can be quite awkward (with or without alcohol involved). And also the guy doesn't want to make a complete fool of himself by going in for the kill...and i'm sure it's the same for the girl.

What's your verdict on this one, ladies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

It depends how into the guy I am. I would imagine it's the same for most women tbh. That's pretty useless, sorry, but I don't think there's really a formula for it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'd give a friendly kiss on the cheek on meeting first, usually do to girls anyway. Then see how the nights goes. I've you're getting the same cab back home it can easy to read the body language. At the door step you'll know if its gonna be a cheek kiss or a little more.

Ask if she has coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

I like a nice good night kiss I do.
    If I don't like the guy I wouldn't have him walking me home or taking the taxi.
    If he doesn't want to kiss me I'd assume something wasn't right, like he didn't enjoy the date or something. I know some people are shy, but it's a quiet road, no traffic and usually not many passers by. So no need to feel like being watched.
    So yeah, deffo kissing. Doesn't have to be a mooch, a nice old fashioned, Hollywood kiss will do :)

Look the proper decent way to get to know someone is in a dark corner of a nightclub.
    The kissing should be the point of the social interaction. Conversation much less none nightclub dates shouldn't come into it for weeks.

Rabies wrote: »
    Ask if she has coffee?

That's a good idea in theory, but it might come off a bit pushy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Look the proper decent way to get to know someone is in a dark corner of a nightclub.
    The kissing should be the point of the social interaction. Conversation much less none nightclub dates shouldn't come into it for weeks.

That's disasterous!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Id be inclined to believe that if the kiss hasnt happened before the doorstep, you are both either old-fashioned, or its all wrong. Plenty of opportunities should arise before this, rather than kiss because of a door step obligation..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

I'd actually be impressed if a guy didn't go in for the kill after the first date as its so unusual these days! As long as you arrange a second date, had warm body language i.e smiling, eye contact (but not staring them out in a pervy kind of way!), and say you enjoyed the night i don't think a girl would think you weren't into her. And those that do are probably hyper paranoid/possessive/high maintenance.:D

Its nice to have a bit of a chase and the old fashioned thing is missed if you ask me. Its far nicer getting to know someone gradually than having some drunk stranger shove his tongue down your neck!

It really depends on your own judgement of how the date went. I think you always know yourself if its possible relationship material so my advice is give it a couple of dates before getting physical. Its not that difficult surely boys !!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

God this forum makes me feel like and old woman every time I read it :(

If it's a firt date you've probably only met them once or twice before. The date is to get to know them. I wouldn't kiss someone I barely knew, it would feel really weird, so I wouldn't kiss on a first date. *maybe* a peck on the cheek if I'm feeling particularly frisky :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Hmmm, if it was a first date with someone I hardly knew, then a peck on the cheek would be the most he could expect.

If it was someone I'd known for a while before the date I might be inclined to involve the lips, assuming I liked him and everything went well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think its somthing you gage, some times it will be a kiss on the cheack. other time it might be something abit more passionate...
    I wouldnt nesscerilly dive in.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Matt3 wrote: »
    J....would you prefer a bit of a snog? or if he kissed you on the cheek?..
    First date? Depends. A nice night out, but unsure about the lad, then a kiss on the cheek. But if I fancied the lad, then once on the lips. How would you know? Well, everyone's different, but for me if there was a lot of closeness, holding of hands, and eye contact, well go for it!

Piste wrote: »

That's funny because reading this thread is making me feel like a whore! Haha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

On the first date the most that I would agree to is a kiss on the cheek at best, exception being if you have already dated the person in the past then a lot more is on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

So, don't try to bust one up the brown eye on the first date is the message I'm getting. yeah ok ok sensible enough I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I went on a first date with a girl a while back, it went really well and we had some fairly good chemistry. I honestly was not expecting a good night kiss, but she went for it anyway and it was great :) She must have known I was mad about her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I think it all depends on timing, the person and whether you actually like them. xD
    If the mood is good then regular kiss, but if not, kiss on the cheek, if it went badly a handshake would suffice :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

So, don't try to bust one up the brown eye on the first date is the message I'm getting. yeah ok ok sensible enough I suppose.

Charm itself.

No tongues on the first date. No matter how hot he is. Or you feel.

Charm itself.

No tongues on the first date. No matter how hot he is. Or you feel.

why ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

why ?

Exactly

Is Boards some alternatie universe? I thought we left the "just hold hands on the first date" back in the fifties.

If you like the guy do what feels right for both of you... and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

themadchef wrote: »
    Exactly

Is Boards some alternatie universe? I thought we left the "just hold hands on the first date" back in the fifties.

Yes, but if it isn't in your comfort zone, surely thats ok too?

We're all different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

exactly, its nice to see if your compatible personality wise first without physical stuff getting in the way! After all when the honeymoon period is over this is what defines a lasting relationship! And we are talking a few dates here guys not months! But it is up to each individual, its just a pity some people automatically think its old fashioned ...

themadchef wrote: »
    Exactly

If you like the guy do what feels right for both of you... and vice versa.

I think shes a feminist :).......

joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Yes, but if it isn't in your comfort zone, surely thats ok too?

We're all different.

I'm not saying throw the guy against your front door and ........well this isint AH but you get my drift ;)

I'm saying do what feels right for you, in that moment. If that happens to be a peck on the cheek or cooking breakfast :D... be happy, and comfortable with your choice.

I really don't get the hand holding thing personally. A walk on the beach, sure. As a "thank you, ive had the best night out and i really like you" nope, not feeling it. Again, thats a personal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

If it's a firt date you've probably only met them once or twice before. The date is to get to know them. I wouldn't kiss someone I barely knew, it would feel really weird, so I wouldn't kiss on a first date. *maybe* a peck on the cheek if I'm feeling particularly frisky :P

You've ALOT to learn..

To answer the question, yes I would go in for the kill, if she's a crap kisser maybe I don't want the second date. One quick kiss because it leaves both parties wanting a little more, you can relax and let loose more on the second date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Hmmm, if it was a first date with someone I hardly knew, then a peck on the cheek would be the most he could expect.

If it was someone I'd known for a while before the date I might be inclined to involve the lips, assuming I liked him and everything went well.

You know... I wouldn't bother going out on a date with someone I didn't want to kiss in the first place.

This thread makes me feel like a slut. Ladies, live a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

*maybe* a peck on the cheek if I'm feeling particularly frisky :P

Oh you animal ! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

A nice, teasing kiss on the lips. Just to make him look forward to the second date even more. :)

Advertisement