Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Bird Fruit + Shanahans

• 24-12-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

I was hoping somebody could help me find out a certain fruit I had last saturday at Shanahans.

It is this small yellow fruit like a vine tomato, really nice and a little sweet. It comes with the Oreo Cheesecake.

Quick research makes me think its a Yellow Bird fruit whatever that is.

http://www.g6csy.net/chile/peppers/Yellow%20Bird.jpg

Does anybody know what fruit it exactly is on that dessert ? Also, do you know where I can get it ? I have not seen it in my travels.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It sounds like a physalis, also known as a cape gooseberry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Thank you both very much

Its definitely the physalis

Any ideas where I can get some in Dublin ? Don't remember seeing them in Blackrock Shopping Centre or Fallon and Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Tesco definitely used to have them, haven't been to one in a while but I used to get them lots in their reduced price fruit/veg fridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

When I worked in Dunnes recently, we used to get them in now and again; depending on demand.

So look around a big Dunnes as they'll most likely have an Exotic Fruit section in their F&V section... you'll probably find it there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

I ended up finding them in Tescos, have to admit their fruit section is pretty good.

Thanks for the help all, eating them now, very tasty :)

Advertisement