Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV What am i doing wrong?

• 24-12-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Ok so i bought GTA IV for the PC, put in disc 1, followed the install instructions, then it says please put in disc 2 and now wtf do i do? up comes some bloody zip file etc, im totally miffed, tried to open it, it says its bigger than 4Gigs THERE is nothing about this in the whole install process, what the hell do i do????????

Totally losing the plot here!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The zip file is on the second disc when ya enter it or whats the story. Is the install bar still there when the zip file pops up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Your not closing any windows or anything when you go to put in the 2nd disc are you? in other words, as it tells you to put in disc 2, you should not actually click anything in windows at all. Just slap in disc 2 and it should continue doing its thing.

OR

slap in disc 2, THEN hit okay, THEN it should continue doing its thing.

Sorry if you've tried all that, I just thought I'd ask anyway just in case, as I dunno what else to say to help you m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

When i have disc 1 in it says put in disc 2 containing the file data3.cab i dunno but nothing happens after that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Did you take out the disc 1, put in the disc 2, and then click ok?

Your putting it in the same drive disc one was in right? I mean, do you have experience installing games from multiple discs?

• Advertisement

TPD wrote: »
    Did you take out the disc 1, put in the disc 2, and then click ok?

Yes.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Your putting it in the same drive disc one was in right? I mean, do you have experience installing games from multiple discs?

Loads of experience, sure Flight Sim 2004 is a 4 disc install operation.

Dunno what to say then m8. Guess just download it and then use all your legal codes and stuff when installing of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Steyr wrote: »
    Yes.
    When you put Disc 2 in, wait for a bit, then click ok. Sometimes it doesn't register at once.

Advertisement