Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some track names confirmed for U2's new album 'No Line On The Horizon'

Options
  • 24-12-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just saw this on a U2 fan-site, the information comes exclusively from 'Q' magazine, as does the short review, this thread is directed towards posters who like the band/fans.

(If you're not a fan, you won't enjoy this thread. The short reviews are Q Magazine's own reviewers opinion, not mine. Don't shoot the messenger, just thought this would be of interest to fans)

Some Confirmed Track Names:

1 'Magnificent' ('classic U2isms....atmospheric sweep')
    2 'Crazy Tonight' ('will.i.am. worked on this one')
    3 'Stand Up' ('swaggering...coruscated Edge guitar work')
    4 'Get Your Boots On' ('a heaving electro-rocker')
    5 'Winter' ('about a soldier in a unspecified war zone')
    6 'Unknown Caller' (stately)
    7 'Moment of Surrender' (a strident seven-minute epic recorded in a single take')
    8 'Breathe' (Eno loves this song)
    9 'No Line On The Horizon' (there were two versions of this song at the time of recording)
    10 'Every Breaking Wave' (Bono: 'We might be on to something special here.)

....these names are confirmed, may be a couple more tracks not yet made public.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dave5

Mmmm....looks like 'Mercy' hasn't made the album, unless it's one of those couple of tracks not already confirmed?...i'm suspecting it's not on the record at this moment in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jessica4

I did hear that they were working on a track called 'For Your Love', it could be possibly one of the couple of other tracks not listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Do you guys know each other or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dave5

Another confirmed track according to Q magazine will be called 'Cedars of Lebanon'.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Matt3

Gordon wrote: »
    Do you guys know each other or something?
    Firstly, no....
    ...and secondly, if we did...so what?

Thanks for your concern.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Matt3 wrote: »
    Firstly, no....
    ...and secondly, if we did...so what?

Thanks for your concern.:rolleyes:
    So you are all the same person then.

Advertisement