Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4 A1 (Metal body) OR JG G36C

Options
  • 24-12-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_29&products_id=3

or

<snip>

I'm new to airsoft, went skirmishing a while back, loved it :D

I got a GBB pistol, got all my gear as far as clothing is concerned and now I want to get an AEG

I only have about 150-180 euro so after spending several nights browsing these forums :) I've on getting one of these 2 guns...just not which one

could someone with some more experience let me know what they think of these guns and which would be a better choice.

Many thanks :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Apologies for throwing a spanner into this but if you want a g36c i'd recommend the Jing Gong one. It's what i'd choose http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=5 . This is the most reliable starter aeg from what i've heard and seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I thought the one i listed was the JG one? :confused: my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

It says ASG/JG. If you buy from <snip> then make sure you get the JG one, not because the ASG g36 is lacking in performance but due to the fact that mostly people buy the jg one.

ok thanks :)

I'll make sure i specify

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah the ASG is the JG one, but its the older version. you can tell by the lack of metal bushings and it has an allen key holding on the mag well. the newest JG version has a push pin holding on the mag well instead.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

KonFusion wrote: »
    ok thanks :)

I'll make sure i specify

mate just get one from tony hes a gent to deal with!!

i have both the m4 and recently bought the jg g36 and i can see the m4 gathering alot of dust in the furture:D:D:D

oh and i am in no way affiliated nor do i work for eirsoft!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Probably JG/ASG G36 FTW. I bought one in the past but sold it (within a week) - purely for the reason that I could carry more M4 mags with much more ease as all my AEG's were M4 types.
    Didnt want to have to start buying a whole new raft of Mags and new pouches to fit em... Try getting more than 1 G36 mag into a typical molle pouch.
    Some prefer the metal feel of an M4 over the G36 and vice versa

Me - I'm an M4 deviant.:D

Try out both (in a game if possible) before you make up your mind.

Get both - you know you will eventually;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

Dboys M15 is pretty crap out of the box, bad bad starter gun.

G36 is excellent, I have the old version and its still a great performance solid model,

dont get dboys, you will be sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

mate just get one from tony hes a gent to deal with!!

i have both the m4 and recently bought the jg g36 and i can see the m4 gathering alot of dust in the furture:D:D:D

oh and i am in no way affiliated nor do i work for eirsoft!!!!!

I hear that Tony is a gent and one of the nicest airsoft retailers you will ever deal with and you can be sure that you're getting a good deal. Friend of mine has the JG G36 and has had no complaints, I have even thought about getting one myself.

Alright, sweet guys, thanks. Guess I know what I'm getting :D

...Dear Santa.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Probably JG/ASG G36 FTW. I bought one in the past but sold it (within a week) - purely for the reason that I could carry more M4 mags with much more ease as all my AEG's were M4 types.
    Didnt want to have to start buying a whole new raft of Mags and new pouches to fit em... Try getting more than 1 G36 mag into a typical molle pouch.
    Some prefer the metal feel of an M4 over the G36 and vice versa

Me - I'm an M4 deviant.:D

Try out both (in a game if possible) before you make up your mind.

Get both - you know you will eventually;):D

Could have got the mag well that lets you use M4 mags with the G36, very handy to have and you can swap it out in less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

vtec wrote: »
    Yeah the ASG is the JG one, but its the older version. you can tell by the lack of metal bushings and it has an allen key holding on the mag well. the newest JG version has a push pin holding on the mag well instead.,

Didn't know that about the push pins, makes the newer JGs closer to the real things. The JG and CA 36s I have both have the allen key holdings, always wondered why they didn't use all push pins, then again I suppose you'd have people in the field with parts of their 36 all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Oddly enough, I bought a Dboys M4 as my first AEG and I haven't had a single full game with it since I bought it. Piece of rubbish. I bought the G36C from defenderdude shortly after (yes, the one he refers to in his post) and it's never been any trouble. With a few upgrades from Eirsoft it's a really great piece. Reliable and very accurate. Easy to maintain and upgrade.

It's true about the mags, but then again they clip together so that you can have 2-3 on the gun at once, and they're not so much trouble in the field. And they're bomb-proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stj

just started myself and i bought the jing gong g36c great gun powerful accurate and battery seems to last well just in with tony in eirsoft today and found him very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

kalkor wrote: »
    Dboys M15 is pretty crap out of the box, bad bad starter gun.

G36 is excellent, I have the old version and its still a great performance solid model,

dont get dboys, you will be sorry

That's good to hear - I just ordered the last available G36C from <snip>(as per OP's link) and can't wait to get my hands on it. I was dithering alright!

Advertisement