Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fry-up in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I have to give kudoo's to the adams apple cafe in applewood top fry up and food in general love the place me and my bird are regulars

However best breakfast ive ever had from cafe is from bay ' on the coast road' class food, class atmosphere, class service....... Cant go wrong with bay even if its a little bit more expensive but you get what you pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Matt The Rashers on Sundrive road, Kimmagecan't be beaten.

2 Rashers, 3 sausages, scrambled egg, pudding, hash brown, mushrooms, toast, coffee, orange juice - 8 euro and I'd pay double that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

gilbert and wrights in malahide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Matt The Rashers on Sundrive road, Kimmagecan't be beaten.

2 Rashers, 3 sausages, scrambled egg, pudding, hash brown, mushrooms, toast, coffee, orange juice - 8 euro and I'd pay double that.

monto is better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

dSTAR wrote: »
    Is that the best answer you have to offer? Are you 14 or something? It doesn't really answer the original question. Where in your opinion is the best fry up in Dublin or do you prefer to go to McDonald's for breakfast?

I know it years since I was there but back then they used to get all their meat from the local butchers. I know this for sure because I used to live above one of the Butchers on Wexford Street.

Right how about this, the butchers (Morrisseys) is local and good. The food in Cafe Sofia is not. The sausages are cocktail style ones and full of dye, local butcher they're not. The eggs are poor. The chips when you bite into them have little or not potato in them. The pudding tastes awful. The beans were poor too. I ate there on the odd occasion over the course of six years so I know what I'm talking about. You posted what you think of it. I posted what I think of it.The staff are nice but that's about it. Are you involved or related with somebody there. NOBODY I know ever thought the food was in anyway good. if you were feeling sick though it did a job. But hey you were there years ago so your experience must of course be the norm and you know better and you think I'm baiting(!).Looking at another thread you didn't even know Bewleys was still open. Where do I think does the best fry up? Probably Odessa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

jdivision wrote: »
    You posted what you think of it. I posted what I think of it.The staff are nice but that's about it. Are you involved or related with somebody there...
    Fairy nuff. No I am not related or involved with anyone there :D but used to have breakfast there with an old girlfriend of mine after a big night out so I have many good memories of the place. Obviously it has changed CONSIDERABLY by the sounds of it.
    jdivision wrote:
    Where do I think does the best fry up? Probably Odessa.
    I went for champagne breakfast one Sunday morning with a group of Aussies and English in Odessa when it first opened. I was flutered after two glasses on an empty stomach and don't actually remember much about the breakfast but the manager Peter (not sure if he is still there) who is a top bloke btw shouted us a bottle of champers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Cafe Java in Blackrock village does great coffee has nice selection of breakfasts/lunches and opens Sunday. I can't stand Sunday carveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Charlie wrote: »
    Gerry's. Tis on the street that links Harcourt and Wexford St.

It's like being in a big country kitchen. No airs and graces, but a damn fine feed. I think for €8 you get 4 rashers, 4 sausages, 3 pudding, 2 eggs, beans, fried tomato, fried mushrooms, and all the tea and toast you can eat. Service is great, and they have it out to you in under 5 mins.

Om nyom nyom nyom!

Does anyone know if this place is open on Sundays and if so from what time??

Me and the OH just looking at the post above, and sure that would feed the both of us!! Which is ideal because we're on a budget!! We're going to head in in a few hours if its open!!

Advertisement