Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideal 'Live' Connection Speed

• 24-12-2008 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

What do yee feel is the minimum and the ideal internet speed connection to play games comfortably on Xbox Live?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

i think 1mb is enough........
    i have 3mb and do not have any problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Min connection speed would probably about 1 meg, there is no ideal connection speed, but you should be looking for very low pings or latiency, this is what matters when gaming on-line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I play on 1Meg and 4Meg. 1Meg should be enough.

I do get bad lag on the 1Meg lines sometimes, obviously because of the connection bandwidth being shared with other customers in the locality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I started off playing Live on a 512k connection for 6 months and it was fine, playing games PGR 3 with no lag at all but I could not host a game of more than 2 or 3 people. You do need at least 2-3 meg if you want to host games with alot of people. Thats where you upload speed comes into play.

When I upgraded to 2 and 3 meg connection I could not play Live much because there are so many people living close to me that are all sharing the same line and the contention rate made online gaming near impossible so I changed provider where I have a 1:1 contention ratio 3.5meg down, 1 meg up and its perfect for just about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have 10mb and it's fine. Does anyone know the contension ratio for NTL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

creggy wrote: »
    I have 10mb and it's fine. Does anyone know the contension ratio for NTL?

Used to be 17:1 I think, don't know if it is still the same.

Advertisement