Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Audi Rs4, Keep An Eye Out

Options
  • 24-12-2008 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Spotted this on octane.ie and thought I would post the details here.

A friend of mine had an Audi RS4 stolen from his house in south dublin yesterday at around 9.00pm. House was ransacked for the keys, but no valuables taken so their sole target was the car.

Its a Daytona Grey saloon, Reg Number 06 - D - 39813. In terms of recognition, it has a roof rack (for surfboards)

Mate remembers that when he last got to the house it was virtually running on fumes so they will have to stop for fuel. Gardai expect they will store the car in the car park of some anonymous apartment block for a few days.

Just wondering if people could keep an eye out for the car, and post this on any other sites of interest.

http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=22196

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Roger.

If it was an avant I would have said it was stolen for use in a robbery (get away car) later, Ive read lots of accounts of that happening in the US (NYC in particular) and some in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What a bunch of *******... I hate this. I'll keep an eye out either way, what a lovely christmas present, Arseholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Jesus, you really need to nail down these cars.

Test drove a grey 06 Rs4 in Grange there about 2 weeks back, and the owner wanted rid of it as they used some pretty severe force to get it.

To own a car like this you need

a) To live in an apartment block with a secure car park where they can't get to your front door door

b) A big dog wandering your ground floor

c) A secure garage

d) Amazing house security

Without any of the above, it's a big risk to own these types of cars

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Since they specifically ransacked the house looking for the keys then it is fair to say that the car was stolen to order.

My guess would be that the car was either already on the first ferry across the Irish Sea or it is layed up somewhere until the heat dies down. As the gardai suggested they may have parked it somewhere like an underground carpark, for about 24 hours to see if it is fitted with a tracker device.

On that note I know it is too little too late now but OP your friend really should invest in a tracker device on such a rare and quick car. In most carses these cars are stolen to order by professionals rather than small time joy riders.

I hope he gets it back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Hate to hear about this type of thing. Hopefully your mate gets a break and the car turns up undamaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

daRobot wrote: »
    Jesus, you really need to nail down these cars.

Test drove a grey 06 Rs4 in Grange there about 2 weeks back, and the owner wanted rid of it as they used some pretty severe force to get it.

To own a car like this you need

a) To live in an apartment block with a secure car park where they can't get to your front door door

b) A big dog wandering your ground floor

c) A secure garage

d) Amazing house security

Without any of the above, it's a big risk to own these types of cars

nah, you just need to be known, if you know the local criminals, they'll know not to go near your banger... or respectable performer in this case, though its clearly going to be used in a smash and grab so you should get her back... but she wont be the same... thank god for insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Not saying it's the case with this one but you'll find in hard times expensive cars that are hard to shift sometimes are offloaded in this manner and the insurance claimed. A good friend of mine in the insurance game was only talking about this the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

S.I.R wrote: »
    nah, you just need to be known, if you know the local criminals, they'll know not to go near your banger... or respectable performer in this case, though its clearly going to be used in a smash and grab so you should get her back... but she wont be the same... thank god for insurance.

Don't buy that argument for a second. Are you supposed to be "known" to 100% of Dublin criminals (who all chat and interlink on their jobs yeah?)

Maybe if you sell gear, have a bashed up evo and live in a council estate you might be left alone but how many rs4 owners fit that profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Quick answer to this is a a tracker and remote immobiliser, Have one fitted to my Focus RS and its the best thing ever, I tried it out a few months ago and the car will just shut down at traffic lights with the alarm blaring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Quick answer to this is a a tracker and remote immobiliser, Have one fitted to my Focus RS and its the best thing ever, I tried it out a few months ago and the car will just shut down at traffic lights with the alarm blaring.
    How does it tell you were the car is located? Would have some sort of a satnav thing in the house?:confused: Also are them things expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Plug wrote: »
    How does it tell you were the car is located? Would have some sort of a satnav thing in the house?:confused: Also are them things expensive.

Most use GPS, there is usually an installation fee and yearly subscription to the whatever company provides the monitoring service. It is not cheap but then again it is relatively cheap to the cost of a high profile car like the RS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tracker uses GPS, then SMS to text location to control company.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

You could install your own tracker like a globalsat tr102 yourself for about 200 quid and keep it going with a ready to go sim for a few quid a year. Live tracking by GPRS or SMS response.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1220/raid.html

They still arent sure whether it was the car, but I cant see many robbers owning one themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1220/raid.html

They still arent sure whether it was the car, but I cant see many robbers owning one themselves.

Well the car was stolen on the 23rd according to octane and that news report is from the 20th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Plug wrote: »

If you can afford a fancy car you can afford a decent alarm and tracker system. In the UK a lot of insurance companies insist on it for high risk cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Hi,

Had seen this thread on boards and spotted a grey rs4 estate in a carpark in dublin 2nite, it was dark grey with roof racks and the standard wheels, it was uk reg tho? It was in the carpark beside the sporting emporim and it was gone by the time i got back..... pm if you wanna know anything else?

This was actually found lads, used in a robbery or something.

hate to brake it to you lads car was not burned out, as car has now been recovered by the gardai, the car was found in kilcock in a housing estate yesterday, it was used in an armed robbery in trim a few nights ago, it is currently in the possesion of the gardai awaiting forensics before being released to the owner in a day or so, and before ppl try say anything i do know the owner and he has been up to see his car and it definatly was the car taken from his house in stillorgan none of this burn out crap

Here ye go

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement