Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless access for new laptop??

Options
  • 24-12-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Got new laptop, but can't remember password for my wireless eircom network. Any way to get the password from my old laptop to my new laptop???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved to wireless from Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you have a network cable you could plug your laptop directly into the router and go to 192.168.1.254 in a browser to get to the configuration page

Or if you just used the default key you can go to this page:
    http://s4dd.yore.ma/eircom/

Type in the 8 numbers from the ssid and it'll give you the wep key

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Your best bet as per the above post is to connect by ethernet - go into settings and change the security type to WPA and you can set up your own password and network name.

More secure and easier all around. And dont forget to save your settings before you exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ginagee

Hi there,
    Was thinking of buying the Acer Aspire 5920 in Powercity. Seems to have all I need for video editing etc. I have a zyxel Prestige 600 broadband box plugged into my PC (using Perlico connection) will I be able to get wireless broadband on the laptop? Would appreciate your advise before I buy.

Advertisement