Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Superquinn?

Options
  • 24-12-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

As we were out visiting in Waterford yesterday, we passed Superquinn at about 13.30 only to see a plume of black smoke issuing from the superquinn building. There were 2 fire engines in attendance and another came from Tramore. Does any one know what happened? Was it serious, or just a batch of mince pies left in an oven too long?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Apparenetly an oven went on fire and may have exploded and somebody may have been injured,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Chimney went on fire, shop wasnt evacuated till a bit after the fire... but shop re-opened as normal. No reported explosion or injury and oven looks intact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Go on, admit it.

You nipped in for some free slightly burnt pies! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I was there yesterday at about noon and an alarm was sounding in the bakery area. Seemed like nobody was paying any attention to it...

Glad I got out of there alive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KayPea

Small storm in a teacup then... Good to know that the bakery is still there for when I next visit Waterford. Fire alarms are obviously for wimps. Who remembers being in a hotel in Tramore one Christmas past as the fire alarm went off repeatedly, only to be ignored and a store shed burnt down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

There was a build up of soot in one of the chimneys and this caught fire. Fire brigades had to be called because the extingushers wouldnt put it out and to make sure it didnt do any major damage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Off Topic and possibly even slanderous posts removed.

Stick to the topic when posting please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Duffman-oohyeh

My dad is actually a baker in superquinn. and it was the over that caught fire and only for my dad being the only person to attempt putting the fire out and keep it in control superquinn may not have re-opened as usual!
    my dad was brought to waterford regional hospital by ambulance to threat burns but is back to normal now, so therefore someone was somewhat injured!

My dad is actually a baker in superquinn. and it was the over that caught fire and only for my dad being the only person to attempt putting the fire out and keep it in control superquinn may not have re-opened as usual!
    my dad was brought to waterford regional hospital by ambulance to threat burns but is back to normal now, so therefore someone was somewhat injured!

Your dad the hero ;) Go on Duffman-ohhyeh's dad :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope he get paid some extra dough for his troubles. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

At least someone was using their loaf....

Advertisement