Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that annoy you about Galway

Options
  • 24-12-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Ill start ye off ,drivers in Joyces carpark f....ng idiots!

I parked there this morning,and when i returned to my car i saw a woman park arseways next to me and she was almost touching me even though she had ample room to park correctly.
    I hopped into my car and decided to wait and she what she would do.She opened her door and surprise surprise she banged into my car and couldnt get out.I looked at her and to my utter amazement instead of reparking she climbed across the seats and hopped outta the passenger door!

It beggars belief!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well that could happen anywhere in fairness.

One thing that annoys me about Galway is the traffic is always congested. Takes an hour to cross the city sometimes, a journey of a few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

kinetic wrote: »
    Ill start ye off ,drivers in Joyces carpark f....ng idiots!

I parked there this morning,and when i returned to my car i saw a woman park arseways next to me and she was almost touching me even though she had ample room to park correctly.
    I hopped into my car and decided to wait and she what she would do.She opened her door and surprise surprise she banged into my car and couldnt get out.I looked at her and to my utter amazement instead of reparking she climbed across the seats and hopped outta the passenger door!

It beggars belief!

Why didn't you start a thread in Motors about women drivers, or bad parkers? In fairness, as Biko said, it could have happened anywhere, nothing to do with Galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

300 days Guaranteed rain, apart from that all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

This thread. Quit your moanin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

m83 wrote: »
    This thread. Quit your moanin!

agreed as they say in the sweeney.. shut it...

isnt there a grumpy old man/woman forum??

galway is one of the most beautiful places in the world..
    its christmas.. we are alive, postive vibes!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

The bus service round the city,its ridiculously bad. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

agreed as they say in the sweeney.. shut it...

isnt there a grumpy old man/woman forum??

galway is one of the most beautiful places in the world..
    its christmas.. we are alive, postive vibes!!!!:)

I watch a local climb out her passenger door and im moaning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

biko wrote: »
    Well that could happen anywhere in fairness

in fairness do you go down to Joyces often? probably the worst parking set up in the western world, just encourages that kind of thing. sh*t like that seems to happen every other day when we go to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The roundabouts and general inability to use them correctly(not helped by the wonderful design of some of them)

Doughnut City FTW

Anyway it's Christmas Eve,so no more moaning...

Have A Cool Yule Everyone :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The negativity. C'mon folks it Winter Festival / Hanukkah /Christmas. Lets be happy for 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

The traffic congestion in the Renmore and Claregalway areas, for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

kinetic wrote: »
    I watch a local climb out her passenger door and im moaning?

yep your moaning but your allowed... cheer up, !!! (im on the cherry brandy lol)
    its christmas... galway is lovely.. you cant moan about the whole of galway because of one silly cow who cant park.. laugh it off and be positive,, in the knowledge that if she cant park she will probably cremate the christmas dinner as well lol...

serious you got to laugh at these people.. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

in fairness do you go down to Joyces often?
    I used to shop there all the time before I discovered that the prices on the selves and the prices at the till didn't match. I stopped shopping there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

parking is a rip off in galway.
    people cant drive properly and dont know how to use lanes correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

oh yeah and joyces is a nightmare to shop and park.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Bank Holiday Weekends when it's overrun by morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Serial Objectors. We seem to have a hell of a lot of them in Galway. :mad:
    The same names seem to crop up in objecting to any developement proposed for the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Hen parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

you people !!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Lack of a school of music...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The lack of bins on the streets, what's the fcukin' story there like? It'd cost the Council less to just erect bins on every street instead of having to pay people to clear up the rubbish from the streets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JohnCleary wrote: »
    The lack of bins on the streets, what's the fcukin' story there like? It'd cost the Council less to just erect bins on every street instead of having to pay people to clear up the rubbish from the streets

that type of thinking be a bit too progressive for round these parts. better shut up or they'll be onto you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

The council!
    And there are a high percentage of ignorant knobjockey types in city!
    Apart from that the weather and bla bla bla ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Bank Holiday Weekends when it's overrun by morons.
    Agreed, I also have great difficulty walking down the street after 10pm with my wife without some drunk redneck coming up and trying to score. Getting from a nightclub to a cab is like an episode of gladiators. Fcuk off back to Roscommon lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

People with RN and MO regs

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

To many traffic lights
    Bad drivers.
    To many gift shops
    Rude shop assistants:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Cole

People who go on about how fantastic Galway is.

They came here, fell in love with the place and never left.....they talk about living in Galway like it is some kind of spiritual awakening for them.
    Any issues, such as traffic, planning etc. are to be tolerated or ignored because these things don't really matter and are trivial compared to the magical experience of being in Galway:rolleyes:

Galway is a nice place, but there's nothing exceptional about it...plenty of negatives also, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Traffic/lack of public transport annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Cole wrote: »
    People who go on about how fantastic Galway is.

They came here, fell in love with the place and never left.....they talk about living in Galway like it is some kind of spiritual awakening for them.
    Any issues, such as traffic, planning etc. are to be tolerated or ignored because these things don't really matter and are trivial compared to the magical experience of being in Galway:rolleyes:

Galway is a nice place, but there's nothing exceptional about it...plenty of negatives also, imo.

Indeed just like the magical experience of being in cork.

Advertisement