Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that annoy you about Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

things that annoy me

- the majority of people on this board
    - the women are cunts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DRakE wrote: »
    Sp p1ss off
    - the women are cunts
    [/quote]
    Thats just cause none of them would have you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

DRakE wrote: »
    things that annoy me

- the women are cunts
    Sandy vagina?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Sp p1ss off

Thats just cause none of them would have you
    baited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dockfive

Parking on the pavement and double yellow lines without ever seeing anyone clamped .... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

However, on a positive note, the Saturday Markets and Felafel and curry ...... mmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Dockfive wrote: »
    Parking on the pavement and double yellow lines without ever seeing anyone clamped .... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

However, on a positive note, the Saturday Markets and Felafel and curry ...... mmmmmmmmmmm

MMMMMMMM Falafel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Plus for galway
    City nicely located between lake and sea
    Nice buzz in UCG and city centre area
    some nice old buildings well restored

con
    suburban housing estates sprawl in a wasteland
    the roundabouts should be renamed e.g. Dublin 1, Dublin 2 or N17-1 N17-2 or whatever. Calling them after the tribes of Galway makes it confusing to e.g. get the right road for Limerick if you are not familiar with that part of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Things that annoy me about Galway

- The crowd that go to cps, as in the stuck up girls and the students who think smashing a glass on the floor is AMAZING CRAIC
    -The amount of tinkers
    -The way it seems to be getting a bit rougher, any1 else noticed that?

On a more positive note, Galway is probably the best city in the country, its got a good relaxing kind of atmosphere in it that no other city has. I mean look at Dublin....its a fckin kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Fracture wrote: »
    - The crowd that go to cps, as in the stuck up girls and the students who think smashing a glass on the floor is AMAZING CRAIC
    -The amount of tinkers

+1 all very true!

What else do I not like about Galway?

This cunt:
    IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

Felt like asking him how the progress on the Galway City by-pass was getting on, bus he was busy eatin' his schnakkkboxxx :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

img2607iu3.jpg

What is going on there? I lol'd

On the last pic i'm just after spotting the pint glass on top of the bin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Have to admit I find it a tad small-minded at times though perhaps that's not just Galway specific.

Any other annoyances such as traffic and parking etc are unfortunate alright but I do think there are more pluses to outweigh them obviously or else I wouldn't be here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It has some of the laziest musicians in the world - with all the talent there I haven't seen one decent band come out of there in years - they seem to be obsessed with making money playing covers and weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Fracture wrote: »
    Things that annoy me about Galway

-The amount of tinkers

On a more positive note, Galway is probably the best city in the country, its got a good relaxing kind of atmosphere in it that no other city has. I mean look at Dublin....its a fckin kip.

I had an attempted break in in broad daylight.I actually think cork is irelands best city it combines big city atmosphere with small town charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

The lack of bins on the streets, what's the fcukin' story there like? It'd cost the Council less to just erect bins on every street instead of having to pay people to clear up the rubbish from the streets

Agree completely!

Also, does anyone else ever get that rotten smell on Shop Street sometimes? I know there are bins on shop street but often they are left to overflow. Big bins left for a period of time full of rubbish are not going to put out a nice smell, that's for sure. If they emptied them more often there might not be an odour problem on Shop Street

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Since moving here I have found Galway nothing if not charming. However the traffic is hilariously bad considering the size of the place. I find the local leaning towards pronouncing ever "s" as "sh" makes up for it though. Ye lovable westy rogues.

I love galway to peices, but there's on thing that annoys me:

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE!!! who objects to a bypass of Galway City to the north.

Why, in this day and age, should Connemara be strangled by a bunch of NIMBYs who want to keep their ickle park from those nasty awful dwivers in their evil, evil motor vehicles?

I live in East Galway (well, i do when I'm not working) and I've always wanted to head for Spideal and Clifden adn out to that country. But it takes less time to get to Dublin from where I (my parents) live than to get to clifden! Why, if I have no business in the city, should I be forced to go to within spitting distance of some of the most busy shopping centres in the city?

Greenies, a lot of things I do agree with you on, but anyone who doesn't want Galway bypasses? I want to PUNCH you!!!:mad::mad::mad:

KevR wrote: »
    Agree completely!

Also, does anyone else ever get that rotten smell on Shop Street sometimes? I know there are bins on shop street but often they are left to overflow. Big bins left for a period of time full of rubbish are not going to put out a nice smell, that's for sure. If they emptied them more often there might not be an odour problem on Shop Street
    I've gotten that smell in a few places around town - totally rank. Guess it's the bins alright?
    Since moving here I have found Galway nothing if not charming. However the traffic is hilariously bad considering the size of the place. I find the local leaning towards pronouncing ever "s" as "sh" makes up for it though. Ye lovable westy rogues.
    Schnack Box! :D
    Anyone, and I mean ANYONE!!! who objects to a bypass of Galway City to the north.
    Galway defo needs a North by-pass alright, just a pitty that a bridge going over the Corrib at Menlo will ruin the relaxed atmosphere up there. I now you could say the same thing about the Quincentinary (sp?) bridge when it was built X amount of years ago but you can't compare the scenery around Terryland/Newcastle with Bushypark/Menlo (BTW I don't live in Bushypark/Menlo so wouldn't affect me personally, so to speak, but I love the fact that you can go up there for a walk and it feels like you're in the countryside, yet you're little more than a 10/15min walk from the city centre)

I'm standing my gound that the by-pass should be a tunnel, not a bridge! :D (Like thats every gonna happen)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Schnack Box! :D

I think that's why its really difficult to get a decent Shony Shurround Shound home shinema shystem anywhere in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Turning left to turn right at the Topaz down by NUI. Corrib Village Staff/Keycards/Actual Housing. How unhelpful Cuba bouncers are and the staff in Supermacs who love to forget about your order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The stupid closing times of the clubs and rapidly drying up selection of clubs that play decent dance music.
    If I wanted to get pissed up and dance around like a bellend to ****ty chart music, molest some young oompa loompa and then fall into Supermacs for a schnack box, Galway would be heaven...

The Krusties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

The way Cuirt Na Coiribe is reminiscent of Area 51.

Walking over the Quincentennial / Quincentenary Bridge.
    The way there are two names for that bridge.

And other stuff that I cant remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

race week

i make it a point NOT to be in galway when its on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've gotten that smell in a few places around town - totally rank. Guess it's the bins alright?

+1 to getting it in a few places.

I'm sure I've heard that it's actually due to the sewerage/drainage systems. Not sure where I've heard it though, might just be one of those myths that this country runs on.

But I'm sure it's more than the bins though, way tooooo "earthy" for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

tman wrote: »
    The stupid closing times of the clubs and rapidly drying up selection of clubs that play decent dance music.
    If I wanted to get pissed up and dance around like a bellend to ****ty chart music, molest some young oompa loompa and then fall into Supermacs for a schnack box, Galway would be heaven...

+1

"DJ"ing to same said tools!

sick of playing **** music to these assholes who run away at the slightest hint of something different!

paulhannon wrote: »
    +1

"DJ"ing to same said tools!

sick of playing **** music to these assholes who run away at the slightest hint of something different!

Like Chris Brown?
    I make it a point to leave the vicinity if I hear his music...its so.....cheesy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Bijoux wrote: »
    Like Chris Brown?
    I make it a point to leave the vicinity if I hear his music...its so.....cheesy :mad:

Not exactly, but same ball park ya!

The Dolly Birds asking for that song and the guys that try asking saying they'll get laid if its played!

• Advertisement

paulhannon wrote: »
    Not exactly, but same ball park ya!

The Dolly Birds asking for that song and the guys that try asking saying they'll get laid if its played!

Fúcking idiots lol

And there was me thinking DJing would be good craic...I assumed you would be allowed play what you want :o

Advertisement