Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that annoy you about Galway

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

In two words, Catherine Connelly. She is a pain in my hole.

A moaney, crying, band wagon jumping, complaining, miserable, pissy, sour, rat faced hag.

Shut the hell up woman. We get it, your a champion of the people and will do ANYTHING to get your mush pictured in the papers be it next to an injured kitten or a capsized oil tanker. You will be there spouting crap and platitudes about your concern over this issue, who you will be raising the issue with and demanding action NOW!! Bloody hippy.
    I think the same can be said of just about all of our councillors.

If you read the Advo today, you'll see that Terry O'Flaherty is calling for landlords names to be published. If you go to www.prtb.ie you can see the list of registered tenancies. She has just sent an press release thinking out loud, without fact checking to the Advo and then chucked in a "can we not get home now?" motion into AOB at a Council meeting.

Bingo bango, instant political collateral.

And the worst thing is, the electorate are that stupid as to fall for this dreck.

Today we also had O'Brolchain chasing the phillistine vote by questioning whether we should be building an arthouse cinema when Knocknacarra hasn't enough schools. Neglecting to mention that the reason for the shortage of schools was because on his watch swathes of ****, unplanned and moronic ribbon development were jerry-built up along the cursed Western Distributor Road, less than a mile from his front door; and he can't see the problem here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

paulhannon wrote: »
    JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING!

ESPECIALLY THE INCREASING AMOUNT OF TOTALLY ****ING (UNTS!!!

as soon as i find a job that will take me away from galway or this country im gone!!!

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dpimp

bad drivers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I love galway but i hate

KD
    Romas & the new breed of crippled beggers
    Dunes stores in Terryland, worst shop/staff ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

-Supervalu, Father Griffin Road.
    -Claddagh accent... 'cos yer too tough like, we get it.
    -When people use that bullsh!t "Wesht" instead of West and stick "h"'s in allsides.
    -The way nothing changes in Galway, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Karma... the club with stairs and snotty staff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Robbo wrote: »
    If you read the Advo today, you'll see that Terry O'Flaherty is calling for landlords names to be published. If you go to www.prtb.ie you can see the list of registered tenancies. She has just sent an press release thinking out loud, without fact checking to the Advo and then chucked in a "can we not get home now?" motion into AOB at a Council meeting.
    Bingo bango, instant political collateral.

I think she has a valid point. She's asking that landlords names be available to tenants and their neighbours, which is not the case at the moment. There are a lot of absentee landlords out there who don't care about the state of their properties. Her proposal would also ensure Revenue are aware who's failing to declare income/assets as well
    I'd be amazed if a third of rental properties in galway are registered with the PRTB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

People on this thread who whinge about problems that are not specific to Galway City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I've lived in a few cities all over the world now. I love Galway. Yeah the weather is sh!t, the traffic is a cnut, the clubs are boll!x but..... there is something about galway which no other city has...the people.

So quit whinging.

togster wrote: »
    I've lived in a few cities all over the world now. I love Galway. Yeah the weather is sh!t, the traffic is a cnut, the clubs are boll!x but..... there is something about galway which no other city has...the people.

So quit whinging.
    Oh please with the philosophical bullsh1t, theres people in Galway who are just as big assholes and twice as annoying as anywhere else in the world.

You list three negatives and then tell us to stop whinging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

togster wrote: »

So quit whinging.

+1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

snubbleste wrote: »
    I think she has a valid point. She's asking that landlords names be available to tenants and their neighbours, which is not the case at the moment. There are a lot of absentee landlords out there who don't care about the state of their properties. Her proposal would also ensure Revenue are aware who's failing to declare income/assets as well
    I'd be amazed if a third of rental properties in galway are registered with the PRTB
    Registered tenancies are published on the PRTB site. To actively seek out houses and tell them who's renting next door would be some kind of curtain twitcher's charter.

Unregistered tenancies are a problem but what she proposes is nothing close to the answer, it's just a sop to the elderly vote. She has called for nothing that isn't already provided by the PRTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

majiktripp wrote: »
    Oh please with the philosophical bullsh1t, theres people in Galway who are just as big assholes and twice as annoying as anywhere else in the world.

You list three negatives and then tell us to stop whinging.

Repped for telling it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

Never rightly getting away from the place i feel like i'm in the trueman show! I'll have to probably leave for a while and come back again to appreciate the place!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

majiktripp wrote: »
    -When people use that bullsh!t "Wesht" instead of West and stick "h"'s in allsides.

That'sh how it'sh pronounshed tbh, everyone else needsh toh catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

liverpool... arshnalll.... schampionshleague....

edit: Shcteeve Mclaren

Now you both sound like Sean Connery....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sean_connery_cheese.jpg

:)

but no srsly

po0k wrote: »
    Sean_connery_cheese.jpg

:)

but no srsly
    Suck it Trebek. Suck it long and suck it hard.

What time is Sean Connery due at Wimbledon? Ten-ish.

I make no apologies.

Advertisement