Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband and Rapidshare??

Options
  • 24-12-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

I have IB fixed wireless network for half a year now and didn't have a single problem with it so far.... The only thing I'm concerned is that Rapidshare is unreachable often from this provider while others are doing just fine. I'm not sure if it is beginning of censorship in Irish Internet but it really pisses me off recently. Does any of you guys experience similar problems with rapidshare using Irish Broadband services? It started to happen last month... :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

could just be a DNS issue as no ISP actively blocks sites in this manner, try opensn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭liko

Cabaal wrote: »
    could just be a DNS issue as no ISP actively blocks sites in this manner, try opensn.com

This Domain Name is currently parked.

Please check back soon. For secure, cheap domain names with heaps of free options go to in2names.com.

What this is supposed to do?

ps. Wouldn't DNS problem be relevant to ANY web address, not only rapidshare.com?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

OOPS

he meant www.opendns.com , see the DNS addresses at bottom right and manually edit them into your network connection to the IBB wireless unit instead of 'obtain DNS automatically' .

Not the only ISP that has crummy DNS servers, BT are pretty awful too.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    OOPS

he meant www.opendns.com , see the DNS addresses at bottom right and manually edit them into your network connection to the IBB wireless unit instead of 'obtain DNS automatically' .

Not the only ISP that has crummy DNS servers, BT are pretty awful too.

Ok. Typed in both DNS' in my wireless router, will see if it helps :)
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

I use Eircom Broadband and always use rapidshare to download music albums and i never had a problem with it:)

• Advertisement

Nope...didn't work...Still the same problems...
    Well this is Irish Broadband...I wonder if anyone else using it has similar problems... And it is rather recent....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

liko wrote: »
    Nope...didn't work...Still the same problems...
    Well this is Irish Broadband...I wonder if anyone else using it has similar problems... And it is rather recent....

NTL actually do this already, censor various sites, so it;s no stretch of the imagination to see IBB doing it as well...

I wonder if it is enough to enter the DNS in the router or it should be changed in IBB modem...It is kind of cable modem and I don't have access to it...

Advertisement