Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question ??

Options
  • 24-12-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Does a footballers personality have any infulence on whether would you like them playing for Spurs or not.

Or if they are good enough is having an issue about what they're like as a person just silly.

For instance, Would you have a problem if Spurs signed well known W@nkers (eg. Ashley Cole, Drogba, Ronaldo, Bellamy, Terry or Lampard etc...)
    These fellas are good players but they are all complete cnuts.

Question is, Is having a team of cnuts worth it if we are winning every week ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Does a footballers personality have any infulence on whether would you like them playing for Spurs or not.

Or if they are good enough is having an issue about what they're like as a person just silly.

For instance, Would you have a problem if Spurs signed well known W@nkers (eg. Ashley Cole, Drogba, Ronaldo, Bellamy, Terry or Lampard etc...)

Question is, Is having a team of cnuts worth it if we are winning every week ???

All those players you mentioned Shane are players we mainly dislike because they aren't at Spurs (and for most people the same applies to their club)

We loved Defoe but the Bingo Club hated his guts.

I know plenty of Goons hate Bentley (especially after the goal this season), Newcastle hate Jenas. We don't really have a player that unites opposition fans in their dislike, but I dare say if any of the players you named above wore a white shirt we would defend them to the hilt.

All I care about is a player putting in a decent shift. Anything else is icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Saw on SSN today that we are in talks to sign Bellamy, not sure about him but i would probably come to love him because he always seems to give everything for the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Saw on SSN today that we are in talks to sign Bellamy, not sure about him but i would probably come to love him because he always seems to give everything for the cause.
    Tough one, from what the OP is saying, my opinion on Bellamy is he is an utter w*nker, but he would do well for us I think, but I would have a hard time liking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Yeah. There is the perfect test of the theory. If we come to love Bellamy we will no for sure personality doesn't matter. That guy is an absolute C-O-C-K. However he could prove to be a good signing ability wise. I think he has the speed and physical presence that Pav lacks. If I am honest I really think Pav is absolute cack. Can't see him coming good playing up front on his own. Can't hold up the ball or even pick out a pass. He needs people to give him the ball in a spot where he can shoot from because he can't beat a player either. Way out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

All those players you mentioned Shane are players we mainly dislike because they aren't at Spurs (and for most people the same applies to their club)

We loved Defoe but the Bingo Club hated his guts.

I know plenty of Goons hate Bentley (especially after the goal this season), Newcastle hate Jenas. We don't really have a player that unites opposition fans in their dislike, but I dare say if any of the players you named above wore a white shirt we would defend them to the hilt.

All I care about is a player putting in a decent shift. Anything else is icing.

I hear you mate,

But the ones you mention above seem to be only hated by fans of the clubs they left. Bit like us and Berbatov.

But there are some players who most supporters of all clubs would agree are horrible pricks like Drogba, Terry, Dyer, Bellamy, Ashley Cole, Diouf for example.

Interesting to hear we've had a bid rejected for Bellamy.
    So Bellamy, yes or no ??
    If he stayed fit then Yes as he can be a very effective player
    I Suppose personality doesn't come into for me too much then

By the way, I hear he's off to Man City anyway......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bellamy ?? wht feck did he ever do ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd hate Ronaldo if he was working on a cure for cancer whilst looking after orphans. He's not though, he's a prick who plays for a shower of pricks.

I don't have that much of a problem with most of the others though, I cheer for Lampard and Terry when they're playing for England. Bellamy may be a neckless chav but I reckon he's grown up a bit and he's a very talented player. He's no Lee Bowyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

harry wants bellamy

Advertisement